Why Minor in Computer Science at PBA?
Anchor your expertise with a globally relevant minor in computer science. You will gain a broad overview of many computer science skills such as discrete mathematics, an introduction to programming languages, algorithmic problem solving, computability, basic concepts in hardware, operating systems, networks, graphics, and gain a historical survey of computing and its social implications.
PBA’s industry-expert faculty, collaborative learning environment, and extensive industry partnerships equip you for greatness that is moored in your unceasing commitment to Christ.
- Founded in Christ: Discover the depth of Christ’s influence in your everyday work, opportunities, and relationships.
- Top-10 Location: Computer and information science careers are thriving around West Palm Beach, ranked in the top 10 metropolitan areas for technology companies and the top 10 counties for science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) growth.
- Global Practice: Venture into the international marketplace with study abroad opportunities in places like London, Paris, and Seoul. Learn more about PBA’s study abroad program.
Chart Your Path. Launch Your Future.
What You'll Learn
Through required courses and your choice of electives, you will learn to:
- Analyze, apply concepts, and select appropriate tools and techniques for solving computing problems
- Demonstrate your interest and expertise in a specific field of computing application (such as games, medicine, film, etc.)
- Explain and critically analyze basic theories and issues in computer science
Learn more about your classes and requirements in the course catalog.
Opportunities for Computer Science Students
Seize challenges that enhance your learning through vibrant student organizations like the Science Club, Math Society, Investment Club, and Beyond Charity Microfinance Club. Venture to new vistas in study abroad programs and short-term trips to places ranging from the Everglades to the Galapagos. Distinguish yourself in the computer science field with a compelling senior research project, or leap into professional contexts with an internship placement.