Why Major in Computer Science at PBA?
Anchor your expertise in the wide-reaching potential of PBA’s multicultural campus. With a Computer Science bachelor’s degree, you will design and build software, develop effective methods for solving computing problems like database storage and secure information transfer, and devise new ways to use computers to address challenges in areas like robotics, artificial intelligence, and digital forensics. PBA’s industry-expert faculty, collaborative learning environment, and extensive industry partnerships equip you for a greatness that is moored in your unceasing commitment to Christ.
- Founded in Christ: Discover the depth of Christ’s influence in your everyday work, opportunities, and relationships.
- Experiential Learning: Engage with computer science problems in research projects alongside distinguished faculty and internships with Fortune 500 companies.
- Top-10 Location: Computer and information science careers are thriving around West Palm Beach, ranked in the top 10 metropolitan areas for technology companies and the top 10 counties for science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) growth.
- Global Practice: Venture into the international marketplace with study abroad opportunities in places like London, Paris, and Seoul. Learn more about PBA’s study abroad program.
Chart Your Path. Launch Your Future.
What You'll Learn
Forge long-term confidence in the field of computer science, where you will:
- Analyze, apply concepts, and select appropriate tools and techniques for solving computing problems
- Plan, implement, and deploy an internet-based, multi-tier application with multiple databases
- Demonstrate your interest and expertise in a specific field of computing application (such as games, medicine, film, etc.)
- Explain and critically analyze basic theories and issues in computer science
Opportunities for Computer Science Students
Seize challenges that enhance your learning through vibrant student organizations like the Science Club, Math Society, Investment Club, and Beyond Charity Microfinance Club. Venture to new vistas in study abroad programs and short-term trips to places ranging from the Everglades to the Galapagos. Distinguish yourself in the computer science field with a compelling senior research project, or leap into professional contexts with an internship placement.
Achieve expertise in computer science essentials, then hone your interests with a concentration and a culminating senior project, research presentation, or real-world internship. PBA’s B.S. in Computer Science program demonstrates the academic excellence and steadfast strength of a Christlike work ethic.
Build a foundation in computer science through rigorous courses in programming, website development, database systems, software engineering, computer networking, and more. Specialize your knowledge with electives like artificial intelligence, wireless applications development, and computer network security.
Establish confidence in the specialty area that most closely matches your career goals with a concentration in business, mathematics, or education:
Amass skills in macroeconomics, entrepreneurship, management, and global business. Explore the business concentration.
Advance your mathematical expertise in calculus, differential equations, statistics, and linear algebra. Explore the mathematics concentration.
Prepare to lead classrooms with courses in teaching, assessment, school law, and uplifting exceptional learners. Explore the education concentration.
PBA’s robust scholarship program awards over $3 million every year. Invest in your learning with major-specific scholarships and other financial aid opportunities, which are awarded to 97% of our undergraduate students.
Achieve career excellence in the rapidly growing field of computer and information technology (CIT). With more that 418,000 job openings each year, you’ll enter a robust yet competitive job market with salaries to match: the median annual wage across all occupations in this category is over $97,000 (Bureau of Labor Statistics).
Moreover, PBA is ideally located for launching a CIT career, as the Florida Department of Economics Workforce Analysis 2017-25 projects CIT expansion of +18.1% in the state of Florida, +19.9% in central Florida, and +20.2% in Palm Beach County. Assert your skills in careers like:
- Information systems development
- Database administration
- Software developer
- Network systems security