Palm Beach Atlantic University offers high-quality training in the study of behavioral neuroscience that spans the fields of psychology and biology. In this program, you will be able to explore both human and animal behavior, the relationship between the brain and behavior, nerve cell structure and much more. You will be immersed in an examination of fundamental concepts and principles in contemporary neuroscience as it relates to both normal and abnormal behavior, including an opportunity to consider the philosophical implications of physiology to our understanding of the mind.
Chart Your Path. Launch Your Future.
What Can I Do with this Degree?
- Human Medicine
- Veterinary Medicine
- Pharmaceutical science or research with animals
As a student in the School of Arts & Sciences, you’ll find a rich array of programs—from creative writing and philosophy to mathematics and the sciences—all of which are delivered with a Christian worldview. And you’ll discover opportunities that could include studying marine wildlife in the Galapagos, the Atlantic or the Everglades; interning at a Fortune 500 company; or exploring the ancient architecture of Rome. On any given day as a student in the School of Arts & Sciences you may find yourself:
- Presenting research at a national psychology conference
- Analyzing polling data as an intern for a candidate for Congress
- Studying sea turtles in the Atlantic
- Participating in exciting educational trips, including to the Galapagos or the Everglades
- Supporting the computer network for one of West Palm Beach’s Fortune 500 companies
- Analyzing DNA
- Publishing a story in PBA’s literary journal Living Waters Review
- Walking the stages of London’s renowned theatres
- Enhancing your knowledge and skills through clubs and organizations, like the Mathematics Club or the Marine Biology Club
Learn more about your classes and requirements in the course catalog.