Why Major in Public Relations at PBA?
Create a name for yourself as a quick-thinking and strategic public relations expert in a world that runs on rapid global communication. You’ll gain knowledge and skills for analyzing complex public communication challenges, discerning strategic solutions, and collaborating between stakeholders with varied goals. Design and execute plans to develop shared meaning, true perceptions, and favorable public images in corporate, government, and non-profit settings.
- Christ-Centered PR: Learn how a Christian worldview informs ethical public relations and fosters two-way communication between organizations and their audiences.
- Experiential Learning: Uncover real-world public relations needs through assignments with actual clients and hands-on internships.
- Multi-Media Communication: Grow your talents in writing, editing, social media, video, print, and information management contexts.
- Start Your Profession from Day 1: Expand your skills through classes and grow your network through PBA’s chapter of Public Relations Student Society of America, all while building a portfolio that will make you marketable in a competitive market.
What You’ll Learn
The B.A. in Public Relations ignites your curiosity to:
- Learn the processes of public relations that will make your campaigns successful.
- Write strategic messages for global, diverse audiences in a variety of media formats.
- Understand industry standards in performance, professionalism, and ethical conduct.
- Use critical thinking skills to solve problems in a variety of social contexts.
Chart Your Path. Launch Your Future.
Think creatively about nurturing and guiding communications with a Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations from PBA. This program, informed through the lens of scripture, equips you to anticipate and interpret audience perceptions, improve public understanding, influence public policy, and counsel leaders and managers on how to be accountable and engaging in the public sphere.
Exercise your talents on campus through opportunities like the award-winning Sailfish Speech Performance & Debate Team or our digital campus news outlet, The Beacon Today. Develop your experience further around West Palm Beach in immersive internship placements with real-world communication companies and public relations firms.
The faith-integrated Bachelor’s in Public Relations curriculum begins with a grounding in communications and media. You’ll build out your roster of public relations strategies and techniques through courses in ethics, persuasion, social media, campaigns, journalism, and media law. You’ll also take risks and ask questions first-hand through an internship or practicum placement.
Engage your inquisitive nature and seek out avenues for adventurous public relations roles with the guidance and connections of PBA’s Office of Career Development. We’ll help you review résumés and cover letters, prepare for interviews, find internships and job openings, and network with professionals in West Palm Beach and across the county.
The paths that lie ahead of you in the field of public relations hold intriguing challenges and trailblazing opportunities. These roles are in consistent demand, and your expertise can be well compensated: public relations specialists earn a median annual salary of $62,800, while roles like PR and fundraising managers reach an average of nearly $120,000 per year. Exercise your imaginative and Christ-inspired communication strategies in roles like:
- Public relations officer
- Social media manager
- Customer relations liaison
- Media relations officer
- Special events coordinator
Visit West Palm Beach
Let the beauty of West Palm Beach—sun, warmth, and pristine beaches—inspire you toward a deeper relationship with Christ.