About the Master of Divinity, M.Div. + Master of Business Administration, M.B.A.
Being on the leadership team of many churches today requires both theological education and business acumen. Ministers must understand how the church fits into the broader community and how to address complex business challenges. The Master of Divinity (M.Div.)/Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) joint degree at PBA will expand your capacity for serving as an executive or administrative minister in a church or parachurch ministry.
Chart Your Path. Launch Your Future.
What Can I Do with this Degree?
- Community organizing
The School of Ministry is all about equipping. We equip passionate young people with the earthly tools and spiritual perspective needed to create positive change in the world guided by the Word of God. We promise a connected, engaging and fulfilling learning experience that will equip you to use your gifts for His Glory. Our programs prepare students through expert instruction in Bible, theology, history and real-world ministry skills. PBA’s multi-cultural, multi-denominational environment is the perfect to prepare our seminary students for dynamic gospel ministries in an ever-changing world.
As a student majoring in any of the graduate programs offered in the School of Ministry, you’ll wade into an ocean of diverse learning opportunities designed to prepare you to positively impact lives.
- Gain specialized training in ministry
- Experience spiritual growth with a deeper understanding of God and His Word
- Practice your ministry abilities through internships, practicum experiences and field service activities
- Learn in a supportive community
Our M.Div./M.B.A. joint degree is on the cutting edge of seminary education in several ways:
- A concentrated 82-credit-hour M.Div./M.B.A. joint degree that consists of 52 credits in the M.Div., 27 credits in the M.B.A. and three credits in an integrated course.
- An advanced seminary education that builds on solid undergraduate preparation in theology and ministry without repeating introductory courses
- An innovative seminary education that integrates its curriculum (e.g. 1 Corinthians and Pastoral Leadership) and thus combines knowledge, skills and character for effective ministerial training
- An academic and practical degree that includes a substantive apprenticeship (10-15 hours per week) under the direct supervision of a practicing minister, which provides valuable hands-on experience
NOTE: M.Div./M.B.A. joint degree requires prerequisite course work in ministry (24 credits) and business (12 credits).
- An earned baccalaureate degree in Christian Ministry or Biblical Studies from a regionally accredited institution or a baccalaureate degree in another major with successful completion of 24 hours of specified pre-requisite coursework on the undergraduate or graduate level
- An earned baccalaureate degree in business administration from a regionally accredited institution or a baccalaureate degree in another major with successful completion of foundational business courses in financial accounting, managerial accounting, microeconomics and statistics
- Achieve cumulative undergraduate minimum GPA of 2.75 or above on a 4.0 scale
- A completed online application and $45 nonrefundable fee at pba.apply-online (Click on the drop-down arrow to select the Graduate application)
- Official transcript from college/university where bachelor’s degree was conferred and from college/university where prerequisite courses were taken
- Two specific confidential recommendations (academic and ministerial)
- Two specific writing samples (requirements will be provided)
- Informed consent form
- Faculty interview – Once your application for admission is complete by meeting all the admission requirements and providing the required documents, you will be invited to an interview with the Graduate Admissions Committee.
* International students should inquire about additional admission requirements.
Admissions decision and notification
Applicants will be notified in writing of the Graduate Admissions Committee’s decision after completing the interview. To secure a spot in the program, accepted students must submit a non-refundable $100 deposit, which will be applied to tuition upon enrollment, no later than 30 days before classes begin.
Learn more about your classes and requirements in the course catalog.
The School of Ministry
Lead with faith, learn to use your gifts for God, and become a world-changer in PBA’s School of Ministry.