Why Major in Accounting at PBA?
Make your mark in today’s global economy with the competitive Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the Rinker School of Business at PBA. In courses taught by industry-expert faculty, you’ll establish proficiency in essential business and accounting concepts, overcome challenges through experiential learning projects, and develop a missional business ethic with Christian principles at the heart of all you do. Employers and graduate programs seek out the elevated level of preparation and dedication you’ll find at PBA.
- Christ-Centered Learning: As you are expertly trained in accounting principles, you will practice biblical principles in every classroom and collaboration.
- Thrive in Place: Define yourself through networking and internship placements here in the heart of Palm Beach County’s financial and wealth management district.
- Titus Center for Franchising: Prepare for a tenacious career in one of the nation’s only dedicated center for the principles of business franchising. Learn more about this opportunity.
- Study Abroad: Seize on to PBA’s global experience options in places like Dubai, Czechia, China, Austria, Vietnam, and Egypt.
What You’ll Learn
With an accounting bachelor’s degree from PBA, you will:
- Master communication skills that will help you succeed in business settings
- Excel as a member of a group or team
- Exhibit strong critical-thinking skills
- Understand domestic and global business technology, research, finance, accounting, marketing, management, and law
- Demonstrate a Christlike work ethic and worldview in your business practices
Chart Your Path. Launch Your Future.
Accounting Program Details
At PBA, we strive to educate holistically: you’ll gain the deep knowledge and skills you need to pursue an accounting career, and you’ll also learn broad fundamentals from other fields that you’ll likely encounter in your work and in your life.
The RSB Accounting Club
Fuel your inner drive for excellence and achievement in a community of collaborators. In the RSB Accounting Club, you’ll prepare for job applications and interviews, develop leadership skills, and network with accounting industry professionals. Like other student organizations in the Rinker School of Business, this club allows you to build confidence and hone your personal mission as you complete your B.S. in Accounting.
Anchor your learning in a broad foundation with courses in biblical studies, communication, global studies, social science, mathematics, the humanities, and more.
Sharpen your understanding of key business principles in topics like microeconomics, macroeconomics, global business, statistics, business research, finance, and business law.
Advance toward your degree through courses on financial and managerial accounting, federal taxation, accounting information systems, auditing, and an optional hands-on internship.
Hone your focus to prepare for a franchise management career by studying related creative ventures, principles of building successful businesses, management, and operations. An internship highlights what to expect on the job.
The future is bright with a B.S. in Accounting: according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, accountants and auditors earn a median annual salary of $77,250, and other financial and management analyst salaries average over $93,000 per year. These are reliable, growing occupations that need exceptional leaders like you. Pursue careers like:
- Cost accountant
- Governmental accountant
- Business analyst
- Financial analyst
As you think about what’s next, enroll in PBA’s Master of Accountancy program to qualify for the Uniform Certified Public Accountant Examination and earn your CPA license.