Learn the historical and philosophical foundations of education, as well as important topics such as instructional tools, the Florida Accomplished Practices, Sunshine State Standards and the role of the teacher. You will be educated by the dynamic faculty of Florida’s top Christian college.
Chart Your Path. Launch Your Future.
What Can I Do with this Degree?
- Middle or high school teacher
- Guidance counselor
- Admission Counselor
The School of Education & Behavioral Studies is well-known throughout Florida and as such, has established solid partnerships with school districts and other organizations for meaningful hands-on student teaching and clinical opportunities. Our Christ-centered approach to teaching and learning will deepen your outlook on your chosen profession and the impact you can have on others. And our innovative range of programs, from education to athletic training, results in a dynamic range of students learning together and collaborating daily.
Features of our distinguished education and behavioral studies programs:
- Experience an education grounded in the liberal arts with a Christian perspective.
- Engage in hands-on learning through off-campus internships in various health and education-related fields.
- Discover undergraduate research opportunities with PBA faculty
- Develop the skills and knowledge you need to work in the exercise science field.
Students may seek Florida certification after the following steps are completed:
- Apply to the state for certification: http://www.fldoe.org/edcert/ The state will send you a Statement of Eligibility.
- Schedule a Subject Area Exam if indicated on your Statement of Eligibility: Florida Teacher Certification Exams: http://www.fl.nesinc.com/
- Complete additional requirements listed on your Statement of Eligibility.
Learn more about your classes and requirements in the course catalog.