Secondary Education, Minor (Professional Training Option)
This program enables students in eligible content areas to seek state secondary education licensure. An undergraduate minor in secondary education requires 25 credit hours, mostly in education courses.
Professional Training Option Required Education Courses:
- Introduction to Teaching
- Introduction to Educational Technology and Electronic Portfolio
- Survey of Exceptionalities
- Human Development and Learning
- FTCE General Knowledge Preparation
- Classroom Management, School Law, & Ethics
- Foundations of Assessment
- ESOL in Secondary Education
- Foundations of Secondary Language, Cognition, and Research
One of the following will be assigned by the Department of Education, based upon the student’s specialization.
- Teaching Biology/Science in the Middle & High School
- Teaching English in the Middle & High School
- Teaching Mathematics in the Middle & High School
- Teaching Art in the Middle & High School
- Teaching Physical Education in the Middle and High School
- Teaching Music in the Middle & High School
Chart Your Path. Launch Your Future.
Learn more about your classes and requirements in the course catalog.
From the intrigue of the Intercoastal Waterway to the inspiration of the stunning DeSantis Chapel, to the opportunities in bustling downtown West Palm Beach, to the comfort of a cozy residence hall, you’ll feel at home here. Come experience the vibrant, supportive, inspiring campus of PBA for yourself.