Parents & Families FAQs

Contact Us

Phone: (561) 803-2500


Location: 1000 S. Dixie Highway,

West Palm Beach, FL 33401

Phone: (561) 803-2180


Shop online or check out store hours for an in-store visit!

Phone: (561) 803-2126


Phone: (561) 803-2063


Phone: (561) 803-2072


Phone: (561) 803-2555


Phone: (561) 803-2576


Visit here for more information.

Phone: (561) 803-2152


Phone: (561) 803-2580


Check out workship requirement at Workship Guidlines.

Academic Support

Subject areas include Math, Science, Hebrew, Greek, Nursing, and Spanish.

Yes, you can trust the quality of peer tutoring sessions because peer tutors are PBA students who have been carefully recommended by faculty and will work closely with the students.

These sessions happen in a small group format, are free to PBA students, and don’t require scheduled appointments.

PBA students are also equipped with free, live, online tutorial support through Tutor. Com. Sessions are available 24/7 and topics range from Math, Science, Spanish, Finance, Accounting, and other subjects.

All currently enrolled PBA students receive 5 hours of free tutoring per term through Tutor.Com.

For additional online tutoring hours and/or assistance regarding online tutoring, please contact PBA eLearning team at (561) 803-2283 or

Department of Public Safety

How do I know that my student is safe since PBA is an opened-style campus?

At PBA, student safety comes first. The Campus Safety and Security Office is equipped with resources specifically devoted to ensuring that all students feel safe anywhere on campus, at any time of the day or night.

Our team of safety officers undergo rigorous training, are certified by the State of Florida, and have access to instant communication with dispatchers and patrol supervisors.

Campus patrolling by safety officers – on foot, on bicycles, and via marked vehicles – takes place 24/7.

There are 22 emergency call boxes located across all areas of campus for students to make on-campus calls and there is a 911 button that dials directly to the West Palm Beach Police Office in cases of extreme emergencies.

Campus safety utilizes technology resources including RaveGuardian, the safety mobile app, the PBA Alert System for sending emergency texts and emails, and social media platforms to communicate responsively and rapidly with all students to ensure they are always informed about any safety issues including how to best prepare for a hurricane.

Students, faculty, and staff can visit the Campus Safety Office page on (login required) to register their vehicles to park on campus.

Cars, motorcycles, bicycles/mopeds/scooters, skate/longboards/rollerblades, as well as recreational and other types of vehicles can be registered for a parking decal.

Career Development

The Career Development Office offers a variety of services ranging from assisting students in choosing a major, reviewing resumes and cover letters, helping students develop interviewing skills, career coaching and more. For additional information, please visit here.


To apply for Graduation, students need to login to myPBA. Once they arrive, students can go to More (on the right corner of the Navigation bar) => Students => Commencement (listed on the left-hand side). There, they will be able to find information on the deadline to apply for graduation and directions on how to apply.

For additional questions, please feel free to reach out to our Registrar’s Office at (561) 803-2072 or send us an email at

Financial Aid

Specific steps for applying for financial assistance are listed here.

Students and parents can visit FAFSA Application | Federal Student Aid


Information regarding your financial aid offers can be found only when students log into their accounts on the Financial Aid portal. Once there, students can click on the Drop-Down Toggle (on the left corner of the page) => Financial Aid Offer.

Students can view both past and present Financial Aid Offers simply by selecting the academic year on the right-hand corner of the page.

FWS is a government program that helps provide part-time employment to students with financial needs.

Eligibility for FWS is based on the information reported on the FAFSA.

Students can check their eligibility by using their student ID or contact the Financial Aid Office. For more information, please visit here.

For additional questions, please give us a call at (561) 803-2126 during office hours which are Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., or send us an email at You should receive a response within 24-48 hours.

Health and Wellness

Required forms are listed in New Student Check List. Please click here for electronic forms and more information.

PBA currently launched a new student telehealth program called Sailfish Health which provides services ranging from medical to mental health care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Sailfish Health is a 24/7 medical and mental telehealth program available for all PBA students at no cost at the time of visit!

Any enrolled Palm Beach Atlantic student.

There are four 24/7 services available to students:

  • Medical: on-demand access to a medical provider that can treat a wide range of common illnesses like colds, the flu, sinus infections, allergies and more.
  • TalkNow: on-demand access to a mental health professional to talk to about anything at anytime
  • Scheduled Counseling: scheduled options to speak to a licensed counselor
  • Health Coaching: access to a nutritional specialist to help students adopt healthier lifestyle behaviors related to sleep issues, weight management and more.

Students can go to Sailfish Health to register for and access telehealth services using their student email addresses.

Students can then have visits from any web-enabled device like a smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop.

There is no visit cost for PBA students.

Sailfish Health will virtually assess symptoms and administer frontline care in a contained environment to limit the spread of illness. They will also give recommendations concerning the need for testing vs. self-quarantining and where to go if testing or further care is needed.

Palm Beach Atlantic University requires all Full-Time Undergraduate/Graduate/Evening/International/Pharmacy PBA students to possess personal health insurance to help avoid having to interrupt their academic progress due to unexpected medical bills.

If you are insured and have comparable coverage under another plan, you do not need to purchase the college-sponsored plan; however, you still must complete and submit the Insurance Waiver Form online

In order to waive the school’s insurance, students must possess health care insurance where:

  • The benefits provided are comparable with the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
  • The plan provides In-patient care and Outpatient care (including office visits and Behavioral Health care) within a 50-mile radius of Campus (if residing in West Palm Beach or Orlando). Coverage for Emergency only care does not satisfy this requirement. 
  • The plan provides unlimited medical benefits per sickness or injury. Insurance that fails to cover or limits coverage for pre-existing conditions is NOT acceptable.
  • Coverage will remain in effect for all semesters in which students enroll for that academic year.

Students will be AUTOMATICALLY ENROLLED and charged for the student health insurance if they fail to waive the PBA-sponsored plan by September 18th of each academic year.

Before you leave PBA there are several things you need to do. Contact the Dean of Students office in Lassiter Student Center to get the withdrawal form. The form will include all of the information you need to exit fully. (this is from myPBA, under Registrar department page).

For any additional questions, please give our Health & Wellness Center a call at (561) 803-2576 or send us an email at

Registrar Office

For any questions regarding academic records, degree plans or course schedules, students can visit the Registrar’s Office.

Students are required to attend advising sessions specifically designed for their major in order to be cleared for course registration. For additional questions, students are encouraged to schedule an appointment with their assigned academic advisor.

Students can find the name of their assigned academic advisor by logging into myPBA. Once signed in, students can go to More (on the right corner of the Navigation bar) => Students => Advising Related Portlets (listed on the left-hand side).

Yes. Students should receive emails regarding information of advising sessions as well as their current academic standing based on their earned credits.

Students can find withdrawal forms in the Registrar’s Office or online at myPBA. If accessing the forms online, students should sign in to myPBA. They can then go to Students (on the Navigation bar) => Advising Related Portlets (listed on the left-hand side). There, students will find many academic forms including the Course Withdrawal Form. Instructions are provided on the form.

In such a situation, students can fill out the Course Cap Override Form. They can find this form by logging into myPBA, navigating to Students (on the Navigation bar) => Advising Related Portlets (listed on the left-hand side) => There, students will find many academic forms including the Course Cap Override Form.

Students are required to fill out the Declaration or Change of Major/Minor/Concentration Form if they wish to change/drop their current major/minor. They can also get this form by logging into myPBA  => Students (on the Navigation bar) => Advising Related Portlets (listed on the left-hand side). There, students will find many academic forms including  the  Declaration or Change of Major/Minor/Concentration Form.

Students are required to fill out the Course Substitution Request Form if they wish to substitute their current course with another approved course. They can find this form by logging into myPBA => Students (on the Navigation bar) => Advising Related Portlets (listed on the left-hand side). There, students will find many academic forms as well as the Course Substitution Request Form.

For additional questions, please give us a call at (561) 803-2072 or send us an email at

Residential Life

Our residence facilities include suite-style and apartment-style dorms, each with its own charm. The housing options include Baxter Hall, Coastal Towers Apartments, Johnson Hall, Oceanview Hall, Rinker Hall, Weyenberg Hall, and Watson Hall.

Visit here for more details of each residence hall and room and board fees.

Residential students can access their housing information, including their hall room, roommate(s), and dining plan assignments on their Housing Portal.

Information regarding meal plans such as what they include and their costs for each semester or year can be found here.

Students can visit the Housing Portal to view meal plan details or request a to change their meal plan in the toggle list on the left corner of the page. Meal plans can only be changed at the beginning of each semester.

Students can choose between  various dining locations on campus such as The Fraser Dining Hall, Jack’s Coffee, Chick-fil-A, Einstein Bros Bagels, and The Market

The deadline for housing application varies for each academic year and will be shared in a mandatory Residence Life All Hall Meeting at the end of each semester.

For additional questions, please contact Residence Life at (561) 803-2555 or

Student Accounts and Payments

Your bill is generated and issued electronically each semester and can be viewed online via Student Account Center.

Students and parents can visit the Student Account Center and sign in with their accounts to set up a payment plan and submit payments.

Monthly payment plans are offered through our partnership with Tuition Management System (TMS) and may be set up by logging into the students’ account through the Student Account Center portal.

General Information

Students can find the Academic Calendar simply by logging into myPBA. As they scroll down on the Home page, they will see the Academic Calendar of the current academic year as well as the past academic years listed.

Parents can also view the Academic Calendar here.

For additional questions, please feel free to reach out to our Registrar’s Office at (561) 803-2072 or send us an email at

Students must complete 45 hours of volunteer community service at a 501(c)3 non-profit agency, church, academic school or US government organization per school year. Service that aligns with the Christian commitment and core values of the University will be counted as Workship hours.

Please visit here for more information.

Students must complete 24 chapel credits per school year. To apply for chapel exemptions, students must log into their myPBA account. On the Navigation Bar, they can go to Departments => Chapel. When they scroll down, they can see a ink to the PDF version of the form that they can download.