Assistant/Associate Professor of Music, Director of Bands, and Music Education - College
of the Arts
TYPE: Full Time
LOCATION: West Palm Beach Campus
SUMMARY: Provides leadership for the PBA band program, selected conducting classes, and teaches
music education courses.
- Teaches courses including, but not limited to: Symphonic Band, Instrumental Methods,
Teaching Music in the Middle & High School, Teaching Music in the Elementary School,
and Fundamentals of Conducting.
- Collaborates with other faculty members to shape, develop, and implement visionary
leadership in the areas of curriculum, programming, partnerships, creative activity,
and accreditation to further enhance the excellence and vitality of the Department
in accordance with the University mission.
- Participates in university service, student recruitment, retention, and progression,
faculty development programs, and student advising.
- Contributes to scholarly and/or proprietary creative activity.
- Integrates Christian faith and pedagogy.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean.
- Self-motivated and brings the inspiration and enthusiasm required to advance creative
momentum, ensuring the department's achievements are broadcast widely and strategically.
- Demonstrated commitment to creating, fostering and sustaining a culture that celebrates
entrepreneurship, innovation, and collaboration in and out of the classroom.
- Excels in attention to detail, consensus building, creative problem solving, and has
an intrinsic work ethic.
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal and communication skills, as well as conflict
- Commitment to shared governance and consensus building within a university setting.
- Experience with and commitment to building community across and with programs, departments
- Proven ability to work effectively with an increasingly diverse array of students
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: An earned doctorate in Music or a closely related field. Record of successful teaching,
service, and scholarly/creative activity appropriate to rank of Assistant or Associate
Professor is required. 3+ years of teaching experience at the university level is
The Department of Music is located in the College of the Arts, which includes Cinema,
Communication, Dance, Digital Media, Game Design, Graphic Design, Journalism, Public
Relations, Sports Broadcasting, Theatre, Visual Art, and the Preparatory Department,
a non-academic initiative offering K-12 instruction in music, dance, and children's
The Department of Music is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music
(NASM) with Bachelor of Music and Bachelor of Arts curricular specializations in music
education, performance, composition, music industry, and worship leadership. With
more than 43,000 square feet of performance, classroom, practice, and studio space,
the Department of Music is located in the four-story Vera Lea Rinker Hall. Internal
performing opportunities include involvement in a variety of ensembles including Concert
Choir, Oratorio Chorus, Symphony, Symphonic Band, Pop Rock Ensemble, Jazz Ensemble,
Woodwind Ensemble, Percussion Ensemble, Brass Ensemble, String Ensemble, and Opera