Staff Accountant - Office of Finance and Administration
TYPE: Full-time, Exempt
LOCATION: West Palm Beach Campus
SUMMARY: Responsible for managing the University’s purchasing card system and monthly general
ledger account reconciliations, maintaining University vendors, and assisting with
the year-end audit.
Purchasing Card Systems
- Manages the University’s purchasing card system, including adding and deleting users,
maintaining general ledger accounts within Works, and assigning reviewers in Works
per University policy.
- Reviews receipts for accuracy and appropriateness.
- Acts as the liaison for employee card issues.
- Records monthly activity in the general ledger.
- Ensures all purchasing card information is properly documented, approved and supported
in accordance with University policies.
General Ledger Management
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepares general ledger reconciliations as part of monthly close process in accordance
with established close calendar.
- Reconciles and prepares monthly journal entries for fixed assets and maintains assets
in the fixed asset module.
- Maintains the electronic vendor files, including review of W9 documentation, set up
of new approved vendors, and vendor maintenance.
- Assists with annual 1099 processing.
General Financial Services Functions
- Provides backup for accounts payable, check processing, and cashier.
- Assists with preparation of documents and schedules needed for the annual financial
- Basic knowledge and understanding of accounting, reconciliations, and month-end close.
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to analyze account balances and statements for accuracy and errors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Experience with Bank of America Works purchasing card system a plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: A Bachelor’s degree in accounting from a regionally accredited higher education institution
is required. One (1) plus 1+ years of accounting experience desired but not required.