Human Resources Business Partner, Office of Human Resources
TYPE: Full-time, Exempt
LOCATION: West Palm Beach Campus
SUMMARY: Serves as a human resources consultant, advising supervisors and employees in the
areas of recruitment, compensation, training, performance, employee relations, and
organizational development. Proactively ensures all activities and programs are in
alignment with PBA’s mission, vision, values, and strategic plan.
Talent Acquisition and Retention:
- Ensures that the institution is effectively and efficiently sourcing and selecting
qualified candidates who are aligned with the institution’s mission, vision, and values.
- Responsible for all aspects of recruitment including partnering with supervisors,
managers, and leadership to hire talent by anticipating and filling business needs.
- Leads the job description development and posting processes, selection, sourcing,
applicant screening, interviewing, and presentation of top candidates to hiring managers.
- Responsible for pre-boarding process, including offer letters, ensuring a successful
transition to the employee on-boarding program.
- Develops partnerships with assigned areas to deliver value-added service to supervisors
and employees that reflect the university objectives and values.
- Maintains an effective level of business literacy about their areas, its midrange
plans, and its culture.
- Works closely with supervisors and employees to improve work relationships, build
morale, and increase effectiveness and retention.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations and performance issues, through effective,
thorough, and objective analysis and using appropriate mediation or other techniques.
- Provides guidance on organizational development issues, including but not limited
to, department restructures.
- Consults with supervisors in identifying training and coaching needs for employees
- Provides recommendations for compensation adjustments.
- Serves as a consultant on Human Resources policies and practices.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to interface effectively with a
wide spectrum of people including candidates and employees. Interpersonal skills must
allow this individual to function professionally and wisely during difficult conversations,
while under stress, and while managing challenging situations.
- Ability to develop and implement successful recruiting strategies, including providing
resources and guidance for the development of diverse candidate slates.
- Proven coaching skills are required with formal training or experience using mediation
- Must have excellent integrity, verbal and written communication skills with successful
experience interfacing across all levels.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Strong knowledge of employment laws and practices is necessary.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and work well in pressure situations.
- Expert proficiency in MS Office. Experience with Paycom is beneficial.
- Must be able to maintain the necessary confidentiality and discretion required in
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development
or equivalent required. Master’s degree preferred; SPHR/PHR certification strongly
preferred. 5+ years of experience in Human Resources with proven successful experience
in recruiting and employee relations required.