Assistant/Associate Professor of Organizational Behavior and Chair, Department of
LOCATION: West Palm Beach Campus
SUMMARY: Teaches 24 credit hours within the fall/spring semesters through various modalities
but primarily online and assists in the professional and spiritual growth of the students.
Serves as Chair of the online undergraduate program of Organizational Leadership;
engages in research and scholarly activity; and participates in assigned school or
- Teaches undergraduate courses in organizational behavior, leadership, and applied
or professional ethics, through various modalities but primarily online; may teach
graduate courses in related fields.
- Serves as Chair of the undergraduate leadership program and provides strategic leadership
in departmental initiatives.
- Provides students with academic advising and mentorship in relation to vocation and
- Has an ongoing research agenda involving students.
- Participates in active research, scholarly activity (i.e. academic conferences), and
publishes in peer reviewed journals that demonstrate current knowledge in the field.
- Participates in assigned school or university committees as needed.
- Attends department meetings.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, verbally
and in writing, with diverse student, faculty, and administrators.
- Designs instructional strategies by organizing complex professional subject matters
that make the material understandable and applicable.
- A comprehensive knowledge within the specific discipline, is essential, along with
strong critical thinking skills and rational decision-making.
- Effective at planning, goal setting and tracking of progress to ensure optimal outcomes.
- Able to function effectively and collaboratively as part of an educational and research
- Proficient in MS Office and electronic educational/professional resources.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Master’s degree in the related discipline is required for all applicants. A completed
PhD in organizational studies, leadership, professional ethics or a related discipline
with an emphasis or other expertise in organizational behavior, leadership, and professional
ethics from a regionally accredited university is desired. Candidates who are ABD
and will complete the PhD within one year will be considered.