Early Assurance Option
We offer our PBA undergrads an Early Assurance option to the School of Pharmacy for
full-time PBA students who complete the pre-professional requirements below:
- Be accepted and be currently enrolled in the undergraduate program at PBA.
- Complete a PharmCAS application for admission to the School of Pharmacy.
- Submit three letters of recommendation.
- Complete the 66-67 hours of pre-professional requirements (see table below) with a
minimum grade point average of 3.0 for both cumulative and science courses.
- All pre-professional course work should be completed by May of the year seeking admission
into the School of Pharmacy. Exceptions to the May deadline will be reviewed on a
case by case basis.
- Take the Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) and score at least 50 percent on the
composite score. The PCAT must be taken no later than the January test date.
Pre-Professional Course Requirements
Admission to the Doctor of Pharmacy degree program requires 66-67 semester hours of
pre-professional education at an accredited college or university. If you enter PBA
as freshman, you can select our undergraduate major in Medicinal and Biological Chemistry with a Pharmaceutical concentration to ensure coverage of all prerequisites. Minimum specific course requirements for acceptance into the Pharm.D. are:
| English (1 course must be English Composition)
| Elementary Statistics
| General Chemistry I & II with Labs
| Organic Chemistry I & II with Labs
| General Biology I & II with Labs
| Human Anatomy & Physiology I &II with Labs
| Microbiology with Lab
Guaranteed Candidates MUST:
- Complete at least 33 of the 66-67 hours listed above at PBA.
- Grades below “C-” cannot be accepted toward completion of these requirements.
- A failed course taken at a previous institution can be retaken at PBA, but cannot
count toward your 33 hours.
- The cumulative pre-pharmacy and science (Chemistry, Biology and Math) grade point
average (GPA) requirement is 3.0 or higher.
- All science courses (Chemistry, Biology, A&P and Microbiology) must include a laboratory
Pharmacy College Admission Test:
The Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) should be taken during September or January,
but no later than January of the year prior to application for admission to the School
of Pharmacy. Students must score in at least the 50th percentile on the main composite
score to qualify for Early Assurance.
Eligible students will be invited to an Interview Day at the School of Pharmacy. You
will interview with a three-member interview team consisting of Pharmacy faculty,
current Pharmacy students, alumni and employers. The Admissions Committee must recommend
the student for admission.
Undergraduate Pre-Pharmacy Admission Program Checklist for PBA Students
- Full-time PBA undergraduate student
- Complete a PharmCAS application.
- Submit three letters of recommendation to the School of Pharmacy.
- Interview by a Pharmacy faculty member, receiving an unconditional favorable recommendation
from the School of Pharmacy Admissions Committee.
- Successful completion of all required courses by May of the year seeking admission
with cumulative and science grade point averages of 3.0 or higher.
- Take the PCAT in October or January prior to admission to the School of Pharmacy and
receive a composite score in at least the 50th percentile
PBA students who fulfill the Early Assurance requirements will be required to apply
through the Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS).
Students who transfer to PBA to complete their pre-pharmacy undergraduate requirements
MAY be eligible for a guaranteed interview.
To qualify, a transfer student MUST:
Undergraduate Pre-Pharmacy Admission Program Checklist for Transfer Students
Transfer students must meet the admission requirements for the Undergraduate Admission
Office. Transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended. For
further details, contact our PBA undergraduate admissions office at 888-468-6722 or (561) 803-2100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfer Students Who Do Not Qualify For a Early Assurance
Students who transfer to PBA but complete less than one full academic year at PBA
or students who attend PBA but do not fulfill Early Assurance requirements are not
eligible for the Undergraduate Pre-Pharmacy Program. Under these conditions, students
should apply through the Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS). For further
details, contact our PBA undergraduate admissions office at 888-468-6722 or (561) 803-2100 or email@example.com.