Don Dwyer, Sr. Endowed Scholarship
Must be a full-time student at Palm Beach Atlantic University in good standing.
Selected the Concentration in Franchising (undergraduates only). Use this form to select the concentration.
Earned a minimum 3.0 GPA.
Demonstrated a commitment to the core values of the University, including community
Don Dwyer, Sr. Endowed Scholarship Awarded to a student who:
- Class standing: Undergraduate (sophmore, junior or senior), or graduate student.
- Preference given to students who are majoring in business, marketing, or finance.
- Must have completed or be currently enrolled in BFR 2123 Principles of Franchising.
Deadline to Apply:
- Friday, September 30, 2022
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION STEPS:
Meet the scholarship criteria (above).
Complete the application form below and submit it by 5:00 p.m., Friday, September 30, 2022.
NOTE: Your application must include a brief written essay (no more than 200 words) that
directly addresses all the criteria for this scholarship. Please be sure to write
about the following criteria:
- Define franchising – what is it, why does it work, when does it not work, etc.
- Discuss how/why franchising works in a capitalist society.
- Explain how your education will contribute to the Free Enterprise system.
- Discuss your experience as a student in Principles of Franchising.
- Discuss your commitment to the core values of the University.
- Explain why you should be awarded this scholarship.
Submit your completed application and essay via this online form no later than 5:00 p.m., Friday, September 30, 2022.
Scholarship applicants will be notified via email on or before November 7, 2022, regarding
status of their application. Scholarships will be awarded at the Titus Center Advisory
Board meeting on the PBA campus on Wednesday, November 16, 2022, at approximately
1:00 p.m. We expect scholarship recipients to briefly attend this meeting to accept
the scholarship and pose for a photograph.
If you have questions regarding the scholarship process, contact Cheryl Kleen, Titus
Center for Franchising, at Cheryl_Kleen@pba.edu or 561-803-2093.