What Can I do With This Degree?
- Academic educator
- Clinical educator
- Flight Nurse
- Forensic nurse
- Legal nurse consultant
- Nurse researcher
- Registered Nurse
- Telemedicine nurse
- Travel nurse
Chart Your Path. Launch Your Future.
PBA is known throughout the region for the quality of nursing graduates we produce each year. This is a result of our proven curriculum and exceptional instructors who serve as student mentors and bring decades of real-world experience. Other distinctives include:
- Christ-Centered Experience—concepts of faith and biblical principles are at the center of everything nursing students experience.
- Holistic Approach—we strongly believe, and teach our students, that true healthcare involves sociocultural understanding and spiritual encouragement in addition to the physical.
- Advanced Labs and Technology—you will benefit from training with the most advanced nursing lab technologies and patient simulation resources, preparing you to step in and succeed on day one.
- Personalized Learning—you will be guided by expert faculty who bring years of nursing experience at places such as Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center; Bethesda Memorial Hospital in Boynton Beach, Florida; Good Samaritan Medical Center; and Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
Learn more about your classes and requirements in the course catalog.
1. Associate degree in nursing (ADN) with a cumulative 3.0 GPA
2. A valid registered nurse license in the State of Florida
3. Minimum of one year’s work experience either as an RN or currently employed as an RN.
4. Required documents below may be submitted directly to PBA admissions or through NursingCAS* at www.nursingcas.org
- Official Transcripts from all schools attended
- Copy of your State of Florida RN license
- Online students submit a federal or state issued photo ID
5. Answer an RN to BSN focus question (no more than 300 words)
*The advantage of submitting documents directly to PBA Admissions is that it is simpler and quicker, but transcripts must be sent directly to PBA Admissions at 901 S. Flagler Drive, P.O. Box 24708, West Palm Beach, FL, 33416 or submitted electronically to Data_team@pba.edu. The advantage of NursingCAS is that if a student already has a completed profile including transcripts, they do not need to re-enter or submit that information. There is a nominal fee associated with applying through CAS.
Admissions Decision and Notification:
Applicants will be notified in writing of the admission decision within two weeks after completing the application and submitting documents. To secure a spot in the program, accepted students must, no later than 30 days before classes begin, submit:
- A non-refundable $100 deposit, which is applied to tuition upon enrollment
Our program delivers specific benefits such as:
- Extra attention from employers as a graduate of a highly regarded University program.
- Encouragement to fulfill your calling as a professional nurse.
- Broader job opportunities in hospital, community/ public health, school or parish nursing; pharmaceutical and medical device sales, or research.
- Up to $3,000 in financial aid for Florida residents.
- A streamlined pathway to graduate studies (MSN orDNP).
You don’t have to put your whole life on hold to earn your degree.
Online programs make learning more convenient than ever so you can balance work and family. We’ve developed a virtual experience that is challenging, rewarding, and focused on fostering a positive learning community.
- Complete 28 nursing credits plus additional general education courses. Total credits required are based on previous coursework. Applicants with a conferred AA degree as few as 38 total credits, three full-time semesters, or for ADN applicants up to 61 credits, five full-time semesters.
- Program entry points are fall (August), spring (January) and summer (May).
Nursing Opportunities & Outcomes
The School of Nursing has a vast range of opportunities for both our students and our graduates. From student clubs and organizations to externships and internships, you can get involved!
Launching Brighter Futures
Graduates of the program often pursue graduate degrees and are employed by respected healthcare organizations around the country, some of which include:
- Duke Medical Center
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Cleveland Clinic
- Community Health Clinic of West Palm Beach
- Emory Healthcare of Atlanta
- Florida Cancer Specialists
- Florida Department of Health
- Jupiter Medical Group
- Marcus Neuroscience Institute
- Palm Beach Cardiology
- St. Mary’s Medical Center
- Team Health
PBA awards over three million dollars in scholarships every year and 97% of PBA undergraduate students receive financial aid.
“They really put us in a position to excel as nurses. It prepares you to be not only a standout nurse but also a standout person.”
Marissa Pacheco ’16