Why Study Cinema Arts at PBA?
The Cinema Arts program of study offers superb training from a Christian perspective in the art of effective, dynamic, and redemptive storytelling through motion pictures and television.
You’ll learn about digital video production, the history of cinema in America, film production, screenwriting, and editing theory. All Cinema Arts majors must enroll in and successfully complete the Cinema Lab each semester beginning upon declaration of their major. This lab may be repeated for a total of up to 16 credit hours.
Chart Your Path. Launch Your Future.
“PBA taught me to believe in myself, my gifts, my abilities, what it meant to strive for excellence, and how to work hard.” – Taylor Volkens
What Can I Do with this Degree?
- Video Editor
- Cinema Program Coordinator
Program Learning Outcomes
- Articulate the various elements of story structure in moving pictures and apply that knowledge to a specific profession within the entertainment industry.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of redemptive storytelling in relation to a Christian worldview through film and television activities.
- Students should be able to dynamically communicate narratives utilizing various aesthetic and technological storytelling tools.
- Demonstrate through coursework an understanding of historical significance for cinema-television and mass media.
Want to see what the students have done before you? Click here to view past student and faculty videos that have won awards in competitions nation-wide.
Learn more about your classes and requirements in the course catalog.