Why Earn an American Studies Minor at PBA?
As an American studies minor, you will explore topics in history, English, and politics to form a well-rounded knowledge of American history and current events.
You’ll take courses such as:
- U.S. History I
- The History of Christianity in America
- Multiethnic American Literature
- Literature of the American Renaissance
- American Federal Government
Choose from 9 electives to customize your learning experience to your specific interests and career goals.
Chart Your Path. Launch Your Future.
As a student in the School of Arts & Sciences, you’ll find a rich array of programs—from creative writing and philosophy to mathematics and the sciences—all of which are delivered with a Christian worldview. And you’ll discover opportunities that could include studying marine wildlife in the Galapagos, the Atlantic or the Everglades; interning at a Fortune 500 company; or exploring the ancient architecture of Rome. On any given day as a student in the School of Arts & Sciences you may find yourself:
- Presenting research at a national psychology conference
- Analyzing polling data as an intern for a candidate for Congress
- Studying sea turtles in the Atlantic
- Participating in exciting educational trips, including to the Galapagos or the Everglades
- Supporting the computer network for one of West Palm Beach’s Fortune 500 companies
- Analyzing DNA
- Publishing a story in PBA’s literary journal Living Waters Review
- Walking the stages of London’s renowned theatres
- Enhancing your knowledge and skills through clubs and organizations, like the Mathematics Club or the Marine Biology Club
Learn more about your classes and requirements in the course catalog.
Career Preparation at PBA
What starts at PBA doesn’t end here. Openness to learning and asking for support is part of the recipe for success that you learn as a Sailfish. Both receiving help and giving it are always the building blocks of a community that works together to make a lasting impact.