Students walking on PBA campus



Frequently Asked Questions 

Academic Support

Subject areas include Math, Science, Hebrew, Greek, Nursing, and Spanish.

Peer tutors are fellow PBA students who have been carefully recommended by faculty and will work closely with the students.
These sessions happen in a small group format, are free to PBA students, and don’t require scheduled appointments.

PBA students are also equipped with free, live, online tutorial support through Tutor. Com. Sessions are available 24/7 and topics range from math, science, Spanish, finance, accounting, and other subjects.
All currently enrolled PBA students receive 5 hours of free tutoring per term.
For additional online tutoring hours and/or assistance regarding online tutoring, please contact PBA eLearning team at (561) 803-2283 or

Campus Safety & Security

At PBA, student safety comes first with resources devoted to the Campus Safety and Security Office to ensure to ensure that all students feel safe anywhere on campus, at any time of the day or night.
Our team of safety officers undergo rigorous training and are certified by the State of Florida and have access to instant communication with dispatchers and patrol supervisors.
Campus patrolling by safety officers – on foot, on bicycles and via marked vehicles – take place 24/7.
There are 22 emergency call boxes located across all areas of campus for students to make on-campus calls and the 9-911 button that dials directly to West Palm Beach Police Office in cases of extreme emergencies.
Communication regarding campus safety is responsive and rapid with technology resources that keep students informed about any safety issues and hurricane preparedness at all time, including PBA Alert, RaveGuardian, the Safety Mobile App, as well as emails sending out to all students and information posted on social media platforms.

Students, faculty, and staff can visit Campus Safety office to register their vehicles for parking on campus.

Vehicle types that can be registered are cars, motorcycles, bicycle/moped/scooters, skate/longboards/rollerblades, as well as recreational & other types of vehicles.

  • Decal fees vary for students, staff, and faculty.
  • First Year Resident Permits: $285
  • Main Campus Resident: $180
  • Coastal Towers Resident (must be approved by Residence Life):
  • Uncovered Parking $300 (Currently Non-Available)
  • Covered Parking $400 (Currently Non-Available)
  • Commuter: $180
  • Alumni: Please contact the Alumni Office at (561) 803-2016 for more information.
  • Bicycle, Motorcycle, Scooter, Skate/Longboard Decal: $0

Vehicles may be cited for failure to follow parking rules and regulations. Vehicles that do not have a valid PBA decal or any valid decal with three or more unpaid citations are subject to immobilization (booting) when the vehicle may endanger life or property.

Information regarding parking on-campus and violation fees can be found here.

  • Any vehicle that does not have a valid PBA decal is subject to immobilization.
  • Vehicles valid PBA decal that has three or more violations, or fines that have not been paid are also subject to immobilization.
  • Vehicles that are parked in a no parking area, in the landscape, on a sidewalk, or are otherwise parked in a manner that poses a life-safety risk are subject to immobilization.

Immobilization devices must be removed by the Department of Campus Safety following the payment of the immobilization device removal fee, as well as other outstanding fines and fees (citations, etc).
The removal of the immobilization device by anyone except Department of Campus Safety and Security personnel, regardless of damage to the device or vehicle, shall double the total charge of the boot and citation(s).

To contest any violation, the individual will need to complete a citation appeal by going to and complete the online form and provide explanation.
Appeals will need to be submitted within five (5) business days of issuance; appeals submitted after the five days will not be accepted.

Charges and fines can be paid at

Failure to pay fines by the second outstanding balance notice will result in a security hold being placed on the individual’s account.
A security hold on the account will prevent the account holder from getting any transcripts, register for classes or clear for graduation.

Parking Guide will provide faculty, staff, as well as students information regarding where they can park their vehicles to avoid violate on-campus parking regulations.  

At PBA, we ensure that students, faculty and staff are aware of the possibility of hurricanes and are prepared to take necessary steps ranging from:
  • Plans in place to help prepare for the approach of a tropical storm or hurricane.
  • University information is communicated through official resources: Email Listserv and Alert Messaging System.
  • Information is also available through the university’s social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Shortly after the storm passes, Crisis Management Team members and Campus Safety and Security will return to campus to assess each campus building for damages and habitability.
Students, staff, and faculty will then be notified by University officials for when they can return to campus.
Read more about our plans and communication about hurricanes here.
For additional questions, please give us a call at (561) 803-2500 or send us an email at

Career Development

Wide range of services provided range from assisting students in choosing a major, reviewing resumes and cover letter, interviewing skills, career coaching, etc. For additional information, please visit here.

Students can click here and sign in with their PBA credentials to schedule an appointment that address their specific needs.

Career Peers also present and are available from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm in the office from Monday to Friday to assist students with polishing their professional Resumes.


To apply for Graduation, students need to login to their myPBA. Once arrive, students can go to More (on the right corner of the Navigation bar) => Students => Commencement (listed on the left-hand side). There, they will be able find information on the deadline and direction for application.

Each student who is celebrated for their achievements in the Commencement will receive 4 free tickets for their families and friends.

Dates for Fall and Spring Commencement can be found listed in the Academic Calendar.
For additional questions, please contact our Registrar Office at (561) 803-2072 or send us an email at


Students must complete 24 chapel credits per school year. To apply for chapel exemptions, please visit here

Financial Aids

Specific steps of applying for aids are listed here.

Students and parents can visit here for steps to apply for FAFSA.
For any additional questions, please give us a call at (561) 803-2126 Monday through Friday from 8AM-5PM or send us an email at Response will be within 24-48 hours.

Information regarding your financial aid offers can be found only when students log into their accounts on Financial Aid portal. Once there, students can click on the Drop-Down Toggle (on the left corner of the page) => Financial Aid Offer.
Students can view both past and present Financial Aid Offer simply by selecting the academic year on the right-hand corner of the page.

Federal Work Study (FWS) is a government program that helps provide part-time employment to students with financial need.

Eligibility for FWS is based on the information reported on the FAFSA.
Students can check their eligibility by using their student ID or contact the Financial Aid Office. For more information, please visit here.  
For additional questions, please give us a call at (561) 803-2126 Monday through Friday from 8AM-5PM or send us an email at Responses will be within 24-48 hours.

Registrar Office

For Students can find the Academic Calendar simply by logging into their myPBA. As they scroll down in the Home page, they will see the Academic Calendar of the current academic year as well the past academic years listed.
Parents can also view the Academic Calendar here.

For any questions regarding academic records, degree plan, or course schedule, students can visit the Registrar office.

Students are required to attend group advising sections specifically designed for their majors to be clear for course registration. For additional questions, students are encouraged to schedule an appointment with assigned academic advisor of their major.

Yes. Students should receive emails regarding information of group advising sections as well as their current academic standing based on their earned credits.

Students can find names of their assigned academic advisors by logging into myPBA. Once arrive, students can go to More (on the right corner of the Navigation bar) => Students => Advising Related Portlets (listed on the left-hand side).

Students can find names of their assigned academic advisors by logging into myPBA. Once arrive, students can go to Students (on the Navigation bar) => Advising Related Portlets (listed on the left-hand side) => There, students will find many academic forms as well as the Course Withdrawal Form.

In such situation, students can fill out the Course Cap Override Form. They can find this form by logging into myPBA. Once arrive, students can go to Students (on the Navigation bar) => Advising Related Portlets (listed on the left-hand side) => There, students will find many academic forms as well as the Course Cap Override Form.

Students are required to fill out the Declaration or Change of Major/Minor/Concentration Form if wish to change/drop their current major/minor. They can also get this form by logging into myPBA => Students (on the Navigation bar) => Advising Related Portlets (listed on the left-hand side) => There, students will find many academic forms as well as the Declaration or Change of Major/Minor/Concentration Form.

Students are required to fill out the Course Substitution Request Form if wish to substitute their current courses with other courses available. They can also get this form by logging into myPBA => Students (on the Navigation bar) => Advising Related Portlets (listed on the left-hand side) => There, students will find many academic forms as well as the Course Substitution Request Form.
For additional questions, please give us a call at (561) 803-2072 or send us an email at

Residential Life

Our residence facilities include suit-style, apartments, and traditional room options with their own charms: Baxter Hall, Coastal Towers Apartments, Johnson Hall, Oceanview Hall. Rinker Hall, Weyenberg Hall, Watson Hall.
Visit here for more details of each residence hall and room and board fees.

Students can choose many options at various dining locations on campus such as The Fraser Dining Hall, Jack’s Coffee, Chick-fil-A, Einstein Bros Bagels, and the Market.

Residential students can access their housing information, including their halls, rooms, roommate(s), and dining plan on their Housing Portal.

Information regarding meal plans such as what they include and their costs for each semester or year can be found here.

Students can visit the Housing Portal to view meal plans’ details or request changes in the toggle list on the left corner of the page. Meal plans can only be changed at the beginning of each semester.

Deadline for housing application varies for each academic year and is informed in All Hall Meeting at the end of each semester.
For additional questions, please contact Residence Life at (561) 803-2555 or

Health and Wellness

Required forms can be found listed in New Student Check List. Please click here for electronic forms and more information.

PBA currently launched a new student telehealth program called Sailfish Health with services provided ranging from medical to mental health care 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.

Sailfish Health is a 24/7 medical and mental telehealth program available for PBA students with no cost at the time of visit!

Any enrolled Palm Beach Atlantic student.

There are four services available 24/7 to students:
  • Medical: on-demand access to a medical provider that can treat a wide range of common illnesses like cold and flu, sinus infection, allergies and more.
  • TalkNow: on-demand access to a mental health professional to talk about anything at anytime
  • Scheduled Counseling: scheduled options to speak to a licensed counselor
  • Health Coaching: access to a nutritional specialist to help students adopt healthier lifestyle behaviors related to sleep issues, weight management and more.

Students can go to the Sailfish.Health to register for and access telehealth services using their student email address.
Students can then have visits from any web-enabled-device like smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop.

There is no visit cost for Palm Beach Atlantic University students.

Sailfish Health will virtually assess symptoms and administer frontline care in a contained environment to limit the spread of illness. They will also give recommendations on need for testing vs. self-quarantine, and where to go if testing or further care is needed.

Palm Beach Atlantic University requires all Full-Time Undergraduate/Graduate/Evening/International/ Pharmacy PBA students to carry personal health insurance to help avoid having to interrupt their academic progress due to unexpected medical bills.
If you are insured and have comparable coverage under another plan, you do not need to purchase the college-sponsored plan; however, you still must complete and submit the Insurance Waiver Form online.

  1. The benefits provided comparable with the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
  2. The plan provides In-patient care and Outpatient care (including office visits and Behavioral Health care) within a 50-mile radius of Campus (if residing in West Palm Beach or Orlando). Coverage for Emergency only care does not satisfy this requirement.
  3. The plan provides unlimited medical benefits per sickness or injury. Insurance that fails to cover or limits coverage for pre-existing conditions is NOT acceptable.
  4. Coverage will remain in effect for all semesters in which students enroll for that academic year.

Students will be AUTOMATICALLY ENROLLED and charged for the student health insurance if fail to waive the Palm Beach Atlantic University-sponsored plan by September 18th of each academic year.

To request for medical withdrawal, students can login to their myPBA or fill out Medical Withdrawal form. Once arrive, students can go to Departments (on the Navigation bar) => Health and Wellness => And scroll down to download a PDF version of the Medical Withdrawal Form.
For any additional questions, please give our Health & Wellness Center a call at (561) 803-2576 or send us an email at

Student Accounts and Payments

Your bill is generated and issued electronically each semester and can be view online via Student Account Center.

Students and parents can visit the Student Account Center portal and sign in with their accounts to set up payment.

Monthly payment plans are offered through our partnership with Tuition Management System (TMS) and may be set up by logging into the students’ account through the Student Account Center portal.


Students must complete 45 hours of volunteer community service in a 501 (c)3 non-profit agency, church, academic school, or US government organization per school year. Service that aligns with the Christian commitment and core values of the University will be counted as Workship hours.
Please visit here for more information.

Workship hours are to be submitted no later than August 1.