This vision is the foundation of the Parents Council, an initiative that strives to provide effective parent-university interaction through consistent feedback with University leadership, as well as representing PBA at events and gatherings.
There are many ways to get involved in PBA life. Support your student with texts, phone calls, and in prayer, and be aware of the many student support services the University offers. Stay informed on Parent Council updates and events by signing up for the Parent Email Newsletter.
Parents Council Responsibilities
The Parents Council has various responsibilities which include attending campus events, spreading the word about PBA by talking to prospective parents and listening to the concerns of other parents, and sharing those concerns with PBA administrators. Additional responsibilities include:
- Communications: Responsible for creating and disseminating a variety of communications to current and prospective parents via personal contact, e-mail, and regular mail.
- Special Events: Assist in promoting and facilitating special PBA events such as Welcome Week, Homecoming & Family Weekend, S.O.A.R., College Fairs, Regional Parent Fellowships, and Commencement. Activities include assisting with student move-in, meeting and greeting prospective parents, and planning fellowships.
- Fund Raising: Parents Fund
Parents Council Committee Members
- Co-Chairs: Dan and Kendra Pearson
- Founding members: Wayne and Deretta Cotton