New Board Officers and a Trustee Emeritus also recognized.
West Palm Beach, Fla., U.S.A. (January 2, 2023) – Palm Beach Atlantic University (PBA) is pleased to announce the appointment of four distinguished individuals to its Board of Trustees. PBA recognized the new board members during its December Board meeting. New officers to the Board and a Trustee Emeritus were also named. The new trustees and officers assumed their roles on January 1, 2024.
The new trustees who will serve as board members for a three-year term ending December 31, 2027, are:
- Terriel Byrd, a retired Professor of Urban Christian Ministry at PBA.
- Kim Elliott, an actively engaged PBA parent and member of the Baptist Health Foundation.
- Sara McCann, Founder and Creative Director of Hive Collective.
- Rob Pacienza, Lead Pastor of Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church.
Dr. John Gregory was named as Trustee Emeritus. He served on the PBA Board from 2006 to 2008 and again from 2011 to 2022. In 2008, he was honored as an American Free Enterprise Medalist, underscoring his exceptional contributions to his field. His profound commitment to pharmacy education at PBA is demonstrated by his support of the Gregory School of Pharmacy. The Lloyd L. Gregory School of Pharmacy was named in honor of his father’s faithfulness and lifelong dedication to God, his family and quality higher education.
Four trustees were elected to serve as officers for a one-year term ending December 31, 2024. The Board Chair is eligible for annual re-election for a combined tenure of up to three, but no than five years.
Their positions as officers are as follows:
- Tom McCaffrey (Chair) is a retired executive who joined the Board in 2016. He previously served as vice chair in 2023.
- Chandra Bill-Rabenecker (Vice Chair) is a Chick-fil-A franchise owner and leadership coach. She joined the Board in 2004 and served as secretary for 2023.
- Mike Stevens (Treasurer) with Rinker Enterprises, Inc., who has been on the Board since 2006. He was re-elected as treasurer for 2024, having served in the same capacity in 2023.
- Wayne Cotton (Secretary) is the owner of Cotton Consulting and the parent of three PBA graduates. He has been a trustee since 2001.
“We are profoundly grateful for the exceptional commitment and expertise that Terriel Byrd, Kim Elliott, Sara McCann, Rob Pacienza and John Gregory bring to our Board,” said Dr. Debra A. Schwinn, president of PBA. “We are also blessed to have the continued support of John as trustee emeritus and the election of Tom McCaffrey, Chandra Bill-Rabenecker, Mike Stevens, and Wayne Cotton as officers underscores our commitment to strong leadership. The collective wisdom of these distinguished individuals will undoubtedly enrich our mission at Palm Beach Atlantic University as equip students to grow in wisdom, lead with conviction, and serve God boldly!
View the full list of PBA Board members here.
About Palm Beach Atlantic University
Palm Beach Atlantic University, founded in 1968, is a private, Christian university, offering 100 different programs and pathways, including undergraduate degrees, graduate degrees and professional degrees. The university has a 19-acre campus in West Palm Beach and an Orlando campus, as well as the 78-acre Marshall and Vera Lea Rinker Athletic Campus which provides facilities for training and hosting intercollegiate sports. Sailfish athletes compete in 18 NCAA Division II and Sunshine State Conference varsity sports. PBA affirms the values that have built American society, including religious liberty and the free enterprise system. The university is dedicated to the integration of biblical principles to prepare students for learning, leadership, and service. Learn more at www.pba.edu.