Student Orientation, Advising & Registration (SOAR)

Your PBA journey will begin with a virtual experience called SOAR: Student Orientation, Advising and Registration.

Designed to introduce you to all-things PBA, your SOAR experience will be an opportunity to familiarize yourself with campus resources, solidify your class schedule, meet fellow first-year students, speak with advisors and staff, learn about important information and discover all that awaits you as a Sailfish. Throughout the summer months, departments across the University will host live virtual information sessions and accept appointments for one-on-one meetings so you can get all of your questions answered.

Ready to SOAR?

You can register for SOAR once you’ve paid your enrollment deposit. Visit the link below to register for a variety of different opportunities to get yourself ready to arrive this Fall! All of these virtual opportunities will take place over Microsoft Teams and are encouraged for all incoming students. Parents are welcome to attend the sessions along with their students. You can also make one-on-one virtual appointments with campus resources! Skim through the information below to learn more and register here when you’re ready to SOAR!

Additional Information

Welcome, future Sailfish! We’re so excited to have you as part of the Sailfish family. Look through the tabs below to explore more about each of the available SOAR sessions, or schedule a one-on-one appointment if you have more specific questions.

Before you arrive, you’ll need to complete all of the items on your Enrollment Checklist. You can find your Enrollment Checklist here.

Learn more about scholarships, filing your FAFSA, and how to take care of your bill so you’re ready to dive into your time as a Sailfish.

Join a group virtual session

For assistance with financial aid, contact or 561-803-2126

For help with student account matters, contact or 561-803-2152

For your first semester at PBA, the Academic GPS office assists in building your course schedule. Learn more about how to request changes to your schedule so you can get the classes you need to start strong.

If you have questions, reach out to or 561-803-2072

What is Academic GPS?

We are a team in the Registrar’s Office that creates your first schedule, assists with degree planning and advising. GPS stands for Guiding, Planning and Scheduling.

How do I find my schedule?

Login to MyPBA and click the Students tab. Then click on My Course Schedule on the left side. If the schedule defaults to Spring 2023, click on View Details and change the term to 2023-2024 Fall Semester.

What does “R” mean on my schedule for the days of the week?

The weekdays are M (Monday), T (Tuesday), W (Wednesday), R (Thursday), and F (Friday). Therefore, a class listed as TR meets on Tuesday and Thursday.

A class on my schedule does not list days or times but shows as “OL”. What does that mean?

This is a fully online class using our online learning software called Canvas (go to MyPBA, Quick Links, Canvas and use your PBA login credentials). The class does not meet physically.

Why do I have a class that says Subterm B (or A)?

The subterms are accelerated sections that meet 8 weeks instead of 16. Subterm A meets the first half of the semester (in Fall 2023 the dates are 8/21-10/15) and Subterm B meets the 2nd half (10/16-12/10). Note that a Subterm B class might not show up in Canvas until near the start date of the class.

How do I make changes to my schedule?

You will need to meet with one of the GPS team either in-person, by phone or by Zoom after 6/1/23.

I see an error on my schedule (I was registered for a class I’ve already taken, classes are conflicting, etc). Who do I tell?

Email and we will make the correction. You do not need to make an appointment or wait until June 1st.

How do I change my major from what I originally entered on my application or Course Registration Form?

You can email with the change and we will adjust your schedule if necessary.

I have an AA degree completed. Does that exempt me from any requirements?

Yes. Most of the Faith, Roots, and Reason (General Education) requirements are automatically met with the exception of Exploring the Bible, Freedom in American Society, and Christian Values. However, it must be a conferred Associate of Arts degree. Others such as Associate of Science, Associate of Applied Science, etc. are treated as other transfer work and evaluated line-by-line.

I sent my transcripts to my Admissions Counselor. Is there anything else I need to do?

Make sure you have submitted official transcripts which are those sent directly from your previous school to PBA. Uploads from you are not considered official. Dual enrollment courses taken during high school must be on an official college transcript. We cannot accept them from the high school transcript.

How do I make sure my credit by exam scores are on file with PBA?

You can contact our office at Official AP & CLEP scores are obtained on the website. IB and AICE have their own portals.

Find out more about the housing application process and important details to make sure you’re prepared to move in to your new home away from home.

Explore on-campus housing options and meal plans here.

If you have housing-related questions, contact or 561-803-2555

Where can I find the policies and rules for PBA students and life on campus?

All guiding principles can be found The Navigator, which is our PBA Student conduct policies. If you are a residential student, additional policies for life on campus can be found in the Residence Life Handbook. Both documents can be found on our student accountability page on the university website. All students must ascent to the policies outlined in their documents every year.

What furniture is provided in the residential rooms?

Each bedroom comes with an XL twin bed, desk, desk chair, and dresser. Most apartments have some common room furniture provided (couch and/or chairs).

When can residential students move in?

New Student Move-In is scheduled for Thursday, August 15 & Friday, August 16. Move-in is by appointment. Residence Life will open up the appointment times after rooms have been assigned. If you are part of PBA Lead or Accelerate, you will move in early on July 27.

What can I bring to campus?

See the Residence Life Handbook for what you can and can’t bring to campus. Residence Life Handbook

When I move in, how can I hang things on the walls?

Students can use small tacks, small nails or painter tape.

Are command strips and adhesive LED light strips permitted in the rooms?

Neither item is permitted to be attached to the walls. Both significantly damage the walls. You can still use your LED light strips but need to attach them with small tacks or painters’ tape.

If I am a residential student, when will I know where I live?

Initial hall assignments will go out on April 18. Students will find out their specific room placement on May 25.

Does PBA have a curfew expectation for students?

Yes, all incoming first year students have curfew for the first semester. You can earn the privilege of not having curfew for the spring by respecting the policy. See Handbook for curfew times.

Do the residence halls have visitation policies?

Yes, there are specific days and times that visitation is permitted in the halls.

Can I have candles or a candle/wax warmer?

No, both are fire hazards. You cannot have any items with an exposed heat element including cookware such as crock pots, George Foreman grills, etc.

Can I bring a mini-fridge and microwave?

Yes, each room can have one mini-fridge (max 4 cubic ft) and one microwave. There are common microwaves and refrigerators available in each hall.

How to select roommates?

Once you are assigned to your hall, you can use the feature on the housing portal called “Roommate Search” to connect with students. You must be mutually matched in the system prior to May 25 to be placed with your preferred roommate.

What if I want to change rooms/halls after I get my assignment?

Once you get your room assignment, you can add yourself to the “Room Change” waitlist on the housing portal. We will contact you if/when we are able to move you.

Explore options available to students related to academic support, disability accommodations, and other accessibility resources.

If you have questions, contact or call 561-803-2063

We’re here to help you talk through insurance documentation and share about the mental health resources available to all students.

Reach out to us at or call 561-803-2576

Counseling and Wellness Contact information:

Counseling & Wellness Center
Palm Beach Atlantic University
901 South Flagler Drive/P.O. Box 24708
West Palm Beach, FL 33416-4708

(P) 561-803-2576 (F) 561-803-2499

Have questions about visas, documentation, travel and more? We’re here to help!

How do I obtain an F-1 student visa?

You should apply for a visa at the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate in your home country using the admission letter and I-20 form from the ISS (International Student Services) Office at PBA. You must pay the I-901 SEVIS Fee. You can schedule a visa appointment up to 365 days in advance of your program start date.

What is SEVIS?

SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) is the system used to create and update immigration records for F-1 Visa students.

What is the Affidavit of Financial Support?

The Affidavit of Financial Support enables international F-1 Visa applicants to verify that they have the necessary financial means to support their education. Verifying financial support also prepares you for demonstrating to U.S. Embassy/Consulate officials that you can afford your education. Demonstrating that you have sufficient funding is important to a successful application for an F-1 Visa. Funding can come from your personal account, sponsors, scholarships, loans, or a combination of these sources.

Is there financial aid for international students?

International students are not eligible for U.S. federal or state financial aid but may be eligible for other sources of financial aid and scholarships. Undergraduates can qualify for a PBA academic scholarship that reduces tuition costs. This is a significant saving! To find out more about scholarships, please contact your admissions counselor.

Where can I find official information about being an F-1 student?

Please visit the website to get official and updated information about every step in the process of being an F-1 international student.

What do I need to know about the United States?

You will learn a lot simply by living and studying in America, but it is best to acquire as much information as possible before you come to the United States. Websites such as and provide useful information.

It is also helpful to learn how your country’s currency converts to U.S. dollars and how various measurements in your home country differ from some in the United States.

Who can I contact if I have any issues at the U.S. port?

Please, contact our Principal Designated Official, and Director of the ISS office, Dawn Musgrave-Demarest at 561-803-2162 or PBA Public Safety Office at 561-803-2500 and they will contact a school official.

Can I work off-campus?

In order to work off-campus, you must obtain work authorization from the ISS Office prior to engaging in any employment. Please remember you need to be an international student for at least one year before applying for off-campus employment.

Are there any on-campus jobs?

Yes! Please, be aware that some on-campus jobs are funded through the federal work-study program, and F-1 Visa students are not eligible for these jobs. However, several on-campus jobs are open to F-1 Visa students, these jobs can be found on PBA Handshake. Note that F-1 Visa students must be present on campus to apply.

How can I meet other international students?

You can connect with other international students at PBA by contacting our ISS office. Please email us at for more information.


Parents and students: Join a session to hear from a panel of representatives from a variety of campus departments and resources, including the Department of Public Safety and more!

If you have questions about parking, contact or call 561-803-2500

All Questions Answered

If you have any questions about SOAR that don’t pertain to any of the above departments, we encourage you to contact us at or call 561-803-2100.