The Lloyd L. Gregory School of Pharmacy’s application cycle begins each year in mid-July for enrollment in August of the following year. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, allowing candidates to apply, interview, and receive a decision with quick turnaround times at any point during our application cycle. In order to keep our class sizes small and provide personalized education, we cap our enrollment at 75 students per class. All applications for admission must be submitted through the Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS) website. The deadline to apply is June 1st for enrollment in the fall of that year.
If you have any questions about our admissions process or the program in general, please contact PharmD@pba.edu or 561-803-2082. Students who are interested in transferring to Palm Beach Atlantic University’s Gregory School of Pharmacy from another school/college of pharmacy must follow our Transfer Student Guidelines.
It typically takes a minimum of two years to complete the necessary preprofessional courses in order to gain admission to a PharmD program. Students are encouraged to submit their application while prerequisites are in progress. The following requirements apply to all prerequisite courses. All courses must be:
- Taken at a regionally-accredited college or university.
- Completed before enrollment in the School of Pharmacy.
- Completed with a grade of “C-“ or better.
- Include a laboratory for all chemistry and biology courses (excluding biochemistry)
- Completed within 10 years of application to the School of Pharmacy (math and science courses only)
In addition to these requirements, the preferred cumulative and prerequisite science (chemistry, biology, math) grade point average (GPA) is 2.75 or higher (on a 4.0 scale). The PCAT is NOT required but may be recommended for some candidates as a way to increase their likelihood of acceptance. Exceptions to any of the above criteria will be made by the Student Recruitment and Admissions Committee on a case-by-case basis.
Required Prerequisite Course
|English (2-3 credit hrs must be English composition)||6|
|General Chemistry I & II with Lab||8|
|Organic Chemistry I & II with Lab||8|
|General Biology I & II with Labs||8|
|Human Anatomy & Physiology I & II with Labs||8|
|Microbiology with Lab||4|
*Economics (micro or macro) is highly encouraged but not required.
Student Transfer Policy
Early Assurance Program
Our Early Assurance Program provides current full-time Palm Beach Atlantic University (PBA) undergraduate students with “guaranteed” admission into the School of Pharmacy as long as the following requirements are met.
- Be currently enrolled in the undergraduate program at PBA.
- Complete a PharmCAS application for admission to the School of Pharmacy.
- Attain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 for both cumulative and science coursework.
- Complete all science and math prerequisites at PBA
- Complete all prerequisite course work prior to enrollment in the School of Pharmacy.
- Complete a successful interview with the School of Pharmacy.
- Approved for admission by the Student Recruitment & Admissions Committee
- Meet all other admissions requirements