Several benefactors have blessed us with their generosity and offer scholarships to
assist upper division Nursing students with tuition, books, and fees.
Palm Healthcare Foundation
Phyllis E. Adams Nursing Scholarship
William and Helen Thomas Charitable Trust
William and Aniece Lassiter Nursing Scholarship
Phyllis R. Pledger Scholarship Fund
Scholarship Application and Eligibility
Scholarships are awarded only to Upper Division Nursing Students. Students who have
been accepted to the Upper Division may apply during the Spring or Summer when they
take NUR 2013 Pathophysiology and Pharmacology 1. Awards are based on a combination
of need and merit. Directions and deadlines will be provided to students enrolled
NUR 2013. We also offer scholarships to graduate nursing students.
School of Nursing (SON) Scholarships are scholarships that are applied for and at
least partially regulated by the School of Nursing. The term "SON Scholarships" is
not meant to indicate scholarships that are obtained from other sources. More information
on other available scholarships can be found on the Financial Aid website.
- Students must apply for scholarships according to the scholarship policies set forth
on this page.
- It is the student's responsibility to apply for the scholarships and to meet all requirements.
Failure to apply or failure to meet the requirements will result in forfeiture of
funds. You are also required to complete the FAFSA.
- Scholarship recipients are chosen by the School of Nursing Scholarships Committee
unless otherwise noted in the individual scholarship description. Scholarship funds
are awarded by the Palm Beach Atlantic University Financial Aid office.
- The Nursing Scholarship Committee will begin considering scholarship applications
no later than April 1 in the Spring and July 25 in the Summer..
- A student may only receive one nursing scholarship.
- If a student is unsuccessful in the nursing program, unapplied funds will be returned
to the scholarship fund.
- If a student is unsuccessful in the program or voluntarily withdraws, the student
may be required to pay back funds already applied.
- Nursing scholarships are based on tuition and fees and may include a stipend for books.
See individual scholarships for details.
- Nursing scholarships require that a student maintain at least a 2.5 Nursing GPA and
maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- Scholarship money is divided between fall and spring semester for each year the scholarship
- Forfeiture of the award will occur if:
- Student is not admitted to the nursing major.
- Student is not enrolled in nursing courses.
- Student does not maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- Student does not acknowledge acceptance of the award.