Nursing Opportunities & Outcomes
The School of Nursing has a vast range of opportunities for both our students and
our graduates. From student clubs and organizations to externships and internships,
you can get involved!
Clubs & Organizations
Both organizations are chapters of their national respective national chapters. In
past years, the organizations have collaborated to collect clothing for an orphanage
in Honduras. Several nursing students traveled to San Pedro Sula, Honduras to study
Spanish. While there, they gave the donated items to the orphanage.
Externships & Internships
Several hospitals have internships and externships available:
- Several of our students have participated in Tenet hospital externships
- The VA hospital offers a summer internship called the "VA Valor program"
- Most local hospitals will hire you as a nurse technician after you complete the first
semester of your junior year
Nursing is an enormous profession with hundreds of different jobs. Once you graduate,
there are many career opportunities to choose from, working with patients or in other
- Acute Inpatient Care (traditional bedside nurse)
- ICU nurses
- Trauma, Emergency Room
- Outpatient clinics
- School nurse
- Forensic nursing
- Infection Control
- Pharmaceutical representative
- Medical Device sales, training, or support
- Parish nurse
- Community/Public Health
- Legal consultant/Professional Witness
- Insurance company
- See more opportunities
Nursing Career Network
View our Palm Beach Atlantic University School of Nursing Career Network.