The Department of Health and Human Performance prepares you for careers in health sciences, physical and occupational therapy, sports medicine, health promotion, and health and physical education, from a Christian perspective at Florida’s top Christian college. Read more about Allied Health Careers.
Here nationally recognized faculty members instruct students and conduct research amid outstanding facilities including laboratories in human physiology, motor learning, biomechanics and physical education. Students can supplement their education by participating in professional conferences and field trips and joining a number of related student organizations.
- Experience an education grounded in the liberal arts with a Christian perspective.
- Engage in hands-on learning through off-campus internships in various health and education-related fields.
- Discover undergraduate research opportunities with HHP faculty
- Develop the skills and knowledge you need to work in the exercise science field.
- Enjoy a 17:1 student-to-faculty ratio and an average class size of just 19.
With these majors, you can prepare for the following careers:
- Physical or Occupational Therapist
- Doctor or Physician Assistant
- Exercise Physiologist
- Rehabilitation Specialist
- Sport Psychologist
- Personal Trainer
“With our academic, research and hands-on experiences, HHP graduates are fully prepared to excel in nearly all areas of sports medicine, health and wellness that God is leading them.”
— Matthew J. Mitchell, Associate Professor, Health and Human Performance, Director of the Human Performance Laboratory