Must be a full-time student at Palm Beach Atlantic University in good standing.
Selected the Concentration in Franchising (undergraduates only).
Earned a minimum 3.0 GPA.
Demonstrated a commitment to the core values of the University, including community service.
JJ Prendamano Endowed Scholarship Awarded to a student who:
- Class standing: Undergraduate (sophomore, junior or senior), or graduate student.
- Preference is given to students who are majoring in business, marketing, or finance.
- Must have completed or be currently enrolled in BFR 2123 Principles of Franchising.
Deadline to apply:
Wednesday, September 20, 2023
The award amount is $2,500.
Scholarship Application Steps:
Meet the scholarship criteria (above).
Complete the application form below and submit it by 5:00 p.m., Saturday, September 30, 2023.
NOTE: Your application must include a brief written essay (no more than 200 words) that directly addresses all the criteria for this scholarship. Please be sure to write about the following criteria:
- Define franchising – what is it, why does it work, when does it not work, etc.
- Discuss how/why franchising works in a capitalist society.
- Explain how your education will contribute to the Free Enterprise system.
- Discuss your experience as a student in Principles of Franchising.
- Discuss your commitment to the core values of the University.
- Explain why you should be awarded this scholarship.
Submit your completed application and essay via this online form no later than 5:00 p.m., Saturday, September 30, 2023.
Scholarship applicants will be notified via email on or before November 8, 2023, regarding the status of their application. Scholarships will be awarded at the Titus Center Advisory Board meeting on the PBA campus on Wednesday, November 15, 2023, at approximately 1:00 p.m. We expect scholarship recipients to briefly attend this meeting to accept the scholarship and pose for a photograph.
If you have questions regarding the scholarship process, contact Kelly Van Houtan, Titus Center for Franchising, at KELLY_Vanhoutan@pba.edu or 561-803-2093.