The Center for Integrative Science Learning will teach and inspire children in grades (incoming – Fall 2024) 1-12 to excel in and become passionate about STEM learning. A multi-disciplinary approach will be used in science using fun, unconventional approaches – this year’s theme will be
- Careers in Science and I Can Be a Scientist
The objective of this program is to increase students’ enthusiasm toward STEM learning and to realize that science is a fun and approachable subject with constant applications in their daily lives.
Science Camp (Grades 1-5)
I Can Be a Scientist – June 10-14
Students will investigate what a scientist does in the different disciplines of science. They will do this through lab experiments that involve fields like biology, chemistry, earth science, engineering, and marine biology.
Campers going into grade 1 through 5 will be grouped by age level (Group 1: 1 graders; Group 2: 2-3 graders; Group 3: 4-5 graders). Exploration activities and experiments will be centered around the science topic of the day and are held outdoors, in the classroom, and in the laboratory led by PBA faculty. Each group will have two PBA college student camp counselors. Campers will have a break for physical activity and free time after lunch.
- It is anticipated that the total number of campers will be capped at 75.
- Activities are modified according to age/grade levels.
- Camp will run from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Tuition $325.00/student/week.
- Extended care will be provided at an additional cost (7:30-8:30 a.m. and 4-5:30 p.m.) of $15.00/child/day.
- Lunch is NOT provided – students MUST bring their own lunch/water bottle and snacks.
|7:30-8:30 a.m.||Extended Morning Care|
|9-10:15 a.m.||Science Activity|
|10:30-11:45 a.m.||Science Activity|
|1-1:45 p.m.||Activities in the Gym|
|2-3:15 p.m.||Science Activity|
|3:30-4 p.m.||Pick Up|
|4-5:30 p.m.||Extended Care|
Summer Science Institute (Grades 6-12)
Careers in Science – June 10-14
Students will investigate careers in science. The Science Department faculty will lead students in hands-on laboratories, exploring careers in different fields of science such as biotechnology, chemistry, engineering, field biology, forensics, and marine biology.
Experiment and team-based learning is grouped by grade level (Group 1: 6-8 graders, Group 2: 9-12 graders). Each group will have a PBA college student as a Counselor. Laboratory experiments are led by PBA professors twice daily.
- It is anticipated that the total number of campers will be capped at 48 students.
- Camp will run from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. – cost: $400.00/student.
- Lunch in the cafeteria is included.
|9-9:50 a.m.||Lecture/instructional time led by PBA faculty|
|10 a.m.-12 p.m.||Session 1 – lab experiment|
|1-3 p.m.||Session 2 – lab experiment|