Ethics and Organizational Behavior, M.S.
Includes Graduate Certificate in Leadership Studies
The vanguard of critical thinking, moral debate, the search for truth, leadership, and the respectful engagement of controversial topics affecting organizations around the world.
The public square generally, and organizational leaders specifically, are in dire need of critical thinkers who can engage, understand, and solve morally problematic and challenging issues within the pluralistic and global society in which we live. This program seeks to develop our students’ abilities to critically analyze theory and argument, identify often hidden philosophical assumptions, seek out logical fallacies in argument, locate truth and wisdom, and develop cogent and innovative solutions as unique problem solvers. We encourage the engagement of philosophy as related to theory and practice not to simply understand, but to isolate falsities, understand related issues, and seek out truth for the good of the individual, the organization and our global community. We do not seek to merely “teach” our students. Instead, we focus on encouraging them to contemplate in new ways, critically evaluate research and relevant issues, and to think freely for themselves with an appreciation for the bias we all carry with us each day. The M.S. in Ethics & Organizational Behavior at PBA is a rigorous program focused in philosophy and theory as related to relevant organizational and societal issues. Our faculty our well respected as academicians and aim at nothing less than developing critical thinkers who will pioneer change and help make organizations, societies, and the world a better place.
- M.S. Degree with a Certificate of Graduate Studies in Leadership is flexible for individual life circumstances and can be completed in 12 or 24 months.
- Students can enter the program during any sub-term throughout the year.
- Learning culminates with a Capstone Project or Thesis, which is up to the student.
- Focuses on the full spectrum of human beliefs, attitudes, intentions, and behaviors.
- Students can attend any class either in-person or asynchronously online.
- Students can attend full-time or part-time at their own pace.
- Students can tailor their learning and research to their own unique interests.
- Offers opportunities to partner with faculty in research endeavors and present at conferences and publish books or articles.
- Executive Leadership and Senior Management
- Ethics Compliance and Regulatory Affairs
- Public Policy Research & Think Tanks
- International Affairs & Humanitarian Issues
- Healthcare Administration & Bioethics
- Management & Organizational Consulting
- Nonprofit and Social Justice Initiatives
- Preparation for a PhD or other Terminal Degree
All Sections Offered Each Year Both Online and In-person Each Sub-Term Listed with the Number of Credit Hours(cr.) and courses listed in bold are required to obtain the Certificate of Graduate Studies in Leadership:
EOB 5013 – Organizational Leadership Concepts & Theory (Summer A Term 3cr.)
EOB 5003 – Organizational Behavior (Summer B Term 3cr.)
EOB 5063 – Leading Organizational Behavioral Change (Fall A Term 3cr.)
EOB 6013 – Biblical Leadership in Pluralistic Organizations (Fall A Term 3cr.)
EOB 5053 – Strategic Leadership and Planning (Fall B Term 3cr.)
EOB 5133 – Human Resource Development (Fall B Term 3cr.)
EOB 5xxx – History of Ethics (Spring A Term 3cr.)
EOB 5xxx – Philosophy of Social Science (Spring A Term 3cr.)
EOB 5113 – Philosophy of Moral Leadership (Spring B Term 3cr.)
EOB 5093 – Research Thesis (Any Term as approved 3cr.)
EOB 509X – Research Thesis Continued as Needed (Continuation Term 1cr.)
EOB 509X – Research Thesis Continued as Needed (Continuation Term 1cr.)
Note: Students intending to pursue the Ph.D. (especially in the social sciences as opposed the humanities) are recommended to take BUS 5043 – Quantitative Methods during their matriculation in the M.S.
Chart Your Path. Launch Your Future.
Organizational Leadership, B.S. (Online)
Earning your bachelor’s degree in Organizational Leadership ONLINE through the Palm Beach Atlantic University’s Catherine T. MacArthur School will give you a competitive edge in today’s challenging employment arena. This program helps you do more, preparing you with the skills needed to move your team, department or company forward.
PBA offers guidance that focuses on biblical, historical, theoretical and practical studies. Combined with our thriving community connections, we help you develop skills to reach your potential.
The Catherine T. MacArthur School will empower you to bring positive change to the world. You’ll take part in a multi-dimensional approach to learning, exploring how to effectively lead intellectually, spiritually and professionally both locally and globally.
Features of our distinguished leadership degree:
- Flexible. Our leadership classes meet one night per week, allowing you to balance your home and work commitments with your educational goals.
- Fast. Our accelerated programs allow you to earn your leadership degree in about 24 months.
- Personalized attention. Classes are limited to no more than 20 students, which enhances learning and interaction with faculty and other students.
- Affordable. PBA’s degree program is competitively priced, which helps you afford to follow your career dreams.
- Rooted in faith. PBA’s leadership courses are infused with Christian morals and values to provide you with a solid foundation for ethical conduct in business.
Our program delivers specific benefits such as:
An emphasis on the hands-on application of knowledge in daily business, which will equip you with a competitive edge in today’s employment environment
Providing you with 121 credit hours that consist of 45 hours of general education, 44 hours of organizational leadership major and 32 hours of electives, transfer credits or Professional Education Credits. Small classes comprised of 15 – 20 fellow adult students
The convenience of learning at any of our campuses, plus the option to take courses online if you choose
This program is specially designed for students who want to complete a bachelor’s degree that will apply to a variety of work settings
Accelerated courses are offered weeknight evenings at PBA’s West Palm Beach and Orlando campuses in eight-week terms
Two entry points: fall (August) and spring (January) with application deadlines of August 1 and December 1
Lead and foster change as you manage people and processes
Communicate effectively and make solid decisions
Manage and resolve conflict
Understand the value of a multicultural organization and create a collaborative environment for more effective teams
Maximize your leadership potential and increase your communication effectiveness with this valuable bachelor’s degree.
Develop the skills, knowledge and confidence to enable you to be more successful in workplace, family, community and multicultural environments
Closer to a degree than you think?
Learn more about your classes and requirements in the course catalog.
PBA awards over three million dollars in scholarships every year and 97% of PBA undergraduate students receive financial aid.