- Master’s degree in nursing or Doctor of Nursing Practice or PhD in Nursing from a regionally accredited university and nationally accredited nursing program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale, minimum nursing courses 3.0 GPA.
- No GRE required; however, applicants who score less than 3.0 (cumulative and nursing) on a 4.0 scale must provide acceptable GRE scores of 50th percentile on both verbal and quantitative sections and 4.0 on the analytical writing section.
- Current National Board Certification as Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, Family Nurse Practitioner and/or Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner through AANP, ANCC or PNCB.
- Successful completion of Advanced Pathophysiology, Advanced Pharmacology and Advanced Health Assessment within 5 years prior to starting the program.
- Unencumbered, current Florida Licensure as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN).
- Required documents below may be submitted directly to PBA admissions or through NursingCAS* at http://www.nursingcas.org:
- Official Transcripts from all schools attended
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Three letters of recommendation attesting to the applicant’s academic ability and leadership potential, including one from a current supervisor
- GRE scores if applicable
- Current and active Florida APRN license
- Personal statement supporting future goals, faith, and interest in obtaining this certificate (no more than 500 words)
Chart Your Path. Launch Your Future.
Learn more about your classes and requirements in the course catalog.