About PBA's Oceanography Minor
If you have a passion for environmental sciences, marine life, and the ocean, minoring in oceanography can allow you to dive deeper into a field that excites you. Our West Palm Beach location is the perfect place for studying the physical properties of seawater, ocean currents, waves, and tides.
You’ll cover a number of topics including life in the sea, chemistry, and marine biology. This program looks at living and non-living aspects of life in the sea with particular reference to the life forms and habitats of southern Florida, all from a Christian worldview.
Chart Your Path. Launch Your Future.
As a student in the School of Liberal Arts & Sciences, you’ll find a rich array of programs—from creative writing and philosophy to mathematics and the sciences—all of which are delivered with a Christian worldview. And you’ll discover opportunities that could include studying marine wildlife in the Galapagos, the Atlantic or the Everglades; interning at a Fortune 500 company; or exploring the ancient architecture of Rome. On any given day as a student in the School of Arts & Sciences you may find yourself:
- Presenting research at a national psychology conference
- Analyzing polling data as an intern for a candidate for Congress
- Studying sea turtles in the Atlantic
- Participating in exciting educational trips, including to the Galapagos or the Everglades
- Supporting the computer network for one of West Palm Beach’s Fortune 500 companies
- Analyzing DNA
- Publishing a story in PBA’s literary journal Living Waters Review
- Walking the stages of London’s renowned theatres
- Enhancing your knowledge and skills through clubs and organizations, like the Mathematics Club or the Marine Biology Club
The program provides exciting hands-on labs and other learning opportunities, including field trips to places such as the Everglades, the Galapagos Islands and Costa Rica. Our students also intern at leading scientific organizations and agencies, some of which include:
Max Planck Institute
Scripps Research Institute
Loggerhead Marine Life Center
Mote Marine Laboratory
MacArthur Beach State Park
Palm Beach County Department of Environmental Resources Management
South Florida Water Management District
Benefit from Top-Notch Facilities
You’ll benefit from learning in South Florida, which has an increasing concentration of companies involved in medical, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and biochemistry areas, including:
Scripps Research Institute
Max Planck Research Institute
Torrey Pines Research Institute
South Florida Science Center and Aquarium
Palm Beach County’s Environmental Resource Management
Learn more about your classes and requirements in the course catalog.
Visit West Palm Beach
Let the beauty of West Palm Beach—sun, warmth, and pristine beaches—inspire you toward a deeper relationship with Christ.