Our DNP Post-Master’s (DNP-PM Track) prepares nursing leaders to seize opportunities, solve the most complicated healthcare problems and lead healthcare innovation in the United States and across the World!
Chart Your Path. Launch Your Future.
What Can I Do with this Degree?
- Nurse Management
- Organizational leadership
- Health informatics systems
- Healthcare consultant
Our DNP-PM Track Offers:
- Christ-first focus
- Professional Transition Mentorship Program
- Faculty remain in engaged in clinical practice as well as leadership involvement at the local, state and national levels
PBA is known throughout the region for the quality of nursing graduates we produce each year. This is a result of our proven curriculum and exceptional instructors who serve as student mentors and bring decades of real-world experience. Other distinctives include:
- Christ-Centered Experience—concepts of faith and biblical principles are at the center of everything nursing students experience.
- Holistic Approach—we strongly believe, and teach our students, that true healthcare involves sociocultural understanding and spiritual encouragement in addition to the physical.
- Advanced Labs and Technology—you will benefit from training with the most advanced nursing lab technologies and patient simulation resources, preparing you to step in and succeed on day one.
- Personalized Learning—you will be guided by expert faculty who bring years of nursing experience at places such as Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center; Bethesda Memorial Hospital in Boynton Beach, Florida; Good Samaritan Medical Center; and Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
Learn more about your classes and requirements in the course catalog.
- Completed online application at pba.edu or NursingCAS application at http://nursingcas.org/ (NursingCAS is the Centralized Application Service for students applying to nursing programs)
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing from a regionally accredited university and nationally accredited nursing program
- Applicants for Post-Master’s DNP track must have Master of Science in Nursing from a regionally accredited university and nationally accredited nursing program
- Graduates of Palm Beach Atlantic University’s BSN, RN to BSN and RN to MSN tracks are eligible for seamless admissions to the University’s DNP program. Contact the Graduate Admissions office for details.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale, minimum nursing courses 3.0 GPA
- No GRE required; however, applicants who score less than 3.0 (cumulative and nursing) on a 4.0 scale must provide acceptable GRE scores of 50th percentile on both verbal and quantitative sections and 4.0 on the analytical writing section
- Minimum of one year’s work experience as an RN or current employment as an RN.
- Required documents below may be submitted directly to PBA admissions or through NursingCAS* at nursingcas.org.
- Official Transcripts from all schools attended
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Three letters of recommendation attesting to the applicant’s academic ability and leadership potential, including one from a current supervisor
- GRE scores if applicable
- Current and active Florida license OR a valid RN license from another state and proof of application to Florida Board of Nursing
- Personal statement supporting future goals, faith, and interest in obtaining a practice doctorate (no more than 500 words)
- Personal interview with the School of Nursing Graduate Admissions Committee
- After interview and upon acceptance, applicants must:
- Submit Admissions Deposit of $400 (non-refundable; will be applied to tuition upon enrollment
- Provide Documentation to the School of Nursing:
- Background Check with Fingerprints
- Drug Screen
- Proof of Immunization/Titers
- PPD or other TB Test
- Florida RN License
- Proof of Health Insurance
*The advantage of submitting documents directly to PBA Admissions is that it is simpler and quicker, but transcripts must be sent directly to PBA Admissions at 901 S. Flagler Drive, P.O. Box 24708, West Palm Beach, FL, 33416 or submitted electronically to Data_team@pba.edu. The advantage of NursingCAS is that if a student already has a completed profile including transcripts, they do not need to re-enter or submit that information. There is a nominal fee associated with applying through CAS.
The School of Nursing has a vast range of opportunities for both our students and our graduates. From student clubs and organizations to externships and internships, you can get involved!
Launching Brighter Futures
Graduates of the program are ready for licensure as nurses with careers in bedside nursing, leadership and community nursing. Many program alumni also pursue a graduate degree. PBA nursing graduates consistently achieve a 94 percent pass rate on the national licensure exam, and are employed by respected healthcare organizations around the country, some of which include:
- Canasi Medical Institute
- Cleveland Clinic
- Community Health Clinic of West Palm Beach
- Emory Healthcare of Atlanta
- Florida Cancer Specialists
- Florida Department of Health
- Jupiter Medical Group
- Marcus Neuroscience Institute
- Palm Beach Cardiology
- Mary’s Medical Center
- Team Health