This program is specially designed for students who want to complete a bachelor’s degree and have a career interest in psychology or those who have a bachelor’s degree in another discipline who aspire to an advanced degree in counseling.We offer guidance that focuses on biblical, historical, theoretical and practical studies. Combined with our thriving community connections, we help you develop skills to improve the lives of others through your efforts within a business, counseling center or ministry.
Chart Your Path. Launch Your Future.
Learn more about your classes and requirements in the course catalog.
We’ve engineered our program to deliver specific benefits such as:
- A collaborative environment where you work closely with faculty and your fellow students
- The infusion of Christian values so that you learn among students and professors who share your perspective
- Small classes of no more than 20 students
- An emphasis on teaching to adults who have real-world experience
- Hands-on learning experiences that include interactions with professionals who work in the field
- Preparing you to become Community Service Manager, Human Resources Specialist, Social Worker, Career Counselor. Case Manager, Behavioral Skills Therapist, Corporate Recruiter, Program Administrator or Rehabilitation Specialist
- 120 credit hours that consist of 45 hours of general education, 26 hours of psychology major, 12 hours of psychology electives and 37 hours of electives, transfer credits or Professional Education credits.
- Best of all for many, you don’t have to put your whole life on hold to earn your degree. Classes are held in the evenings in West Palm Beach and Orlando or online. Online programs make learning more convenient than ever. PBA has developed a virtual experience that is challenging, rewarding, and focused on fostering a positive learning community.
- Accelerated courses offered weeknight evenings at PBA’s West Palm Beach and Orlando campuses in eight-week terms.
- A program that also is offered completely online for learners in other Florida cities and selected states.
- Two program entry points: fall (August) and spring (January) with application deadlines of August 1 and December 1.
- Preparation to continue your studies in the Master of Science in Counseling program
Closer than you think to a degree?
You might be closer to completing your degree than you might think once transfer and Professional Education Credits are applied. Your admission counselor can guide you through this process.
Up to 42 credits of upper-level coursework completed at other regionally accredited colleges will be considered to apply to this degree (transfer).
Professional Educational Credit for your prior formal training and professional work experience will be considered to apply to this degree.
- A high school transcript is not required if you bring at least 12 transferrable college credits from a regionally accredited university.
2. Grades of a C- or better will be accepted if completed at a postsecondary regionally accredited institution. Request that your official college transcript(s) be sent electronically to Palm Beach Atlantic University.
3. If you have completed an Associate of Science or Associate of Applied Science degree, you will receive a course-by-course evaluation to determine the number of transfer credits that will apply to your bachelor’s degree.
- A completed online application and $35 nonrefundable fee www.pba.edu (Click on the drop-down arrow to select the Undergraduate-Adult Accelerated application)
- Writing assessment
- Online students submit a federal or state issued photo ID
Admissions Decision and Notification:
Applicants will be notified in writing of the admission decision within two weeks after completing the application and submitting documents. To secure a spot in the program, accepted students must, no later than 30 days before classes begin, submit:
- A non-refundable $100 deposit, which is applied to tuition upon enrollment
- On campus students submit a federal or state issued photo ID at the time that your PBA ID is issued
The cost is calculated based on the number of credit hours needed to complete the degree at $435 per credit for attending courses on the West Palm Beach campus and a resource fee of $220 per semester. Students transferring in credit hours or that have completed Professional Education Credit (PEC) may be able to greatly reduce total number of credit hours needed to complete the program. For specific information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to learn more.
*Cost based on 2017-2018 fee schedule and is subject to change. Additional fees may apply.
Palm Beach Atlantic makes every effort to offer financial assistance through a variety of programs (federal and institutional) to deserving students. Scholarships are available for qualified students ranging from $1,000 – $4,000 based on full-time status. In addition, Federal Work-study awards and student loans may also be available. Students must apply for financial aid each year by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Assistance (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Learn more about opportunities for Financial Aid; for questions on work-study or loan eligibility please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.