DIVE into Oceans of Opportunities
We place a heightened emphasis on internships at PBA. Our DIVE internship program
is a carefully-designed initiative that will provide you with opportunities and insights
that are hard to match. And our location in West Palm Beach, Florida will create oceans
of internship opportunities with some of the world’s most respected organizations.
Get Ready to DIVE
The DIVE program offers a comprehensive approach to internships and the value they
- Explore—you’ll be able to explore a variety of career fields and organizational cultures
to determine the best fit for you.
- Sharpen—you’ll develop and sharpen your skill sets in real, meaningful professional settings
and build the character competencies employers seek.
- Connect—you’ll get to apply what you’ve learned in the more than 300 hours of classroom study
and put your knowledge to the test.
- Network—you’ll develop valuable professional contacts and networks that can pay dividends
throughout your career.
- Dive In—the majority of students who immerse themselves in vocationally-focused internships
are offered full-time employment within the organization. (NACE 2017)
Make It Happen
West Palm Beach, Florida is among the nation’s fastest-growing centers of commerce.
You’ll find endless opportunities for internships close to campus. These include nearly
200 elementary, middle and high schools; top companies like Northwestern Mutual, IBM,
Pratt & Whitney and U.S. Foods; more than 150 biotech, medical device and pharmaceutical
companies; and more than 200 healthcare providers within 50 miles of campus.
Biggest and Best
Every year, the biggest and best organizations seek out PBA students for internship
opportunities. Recent internship sites include:
- U.S. Department of State
- Ernst & Young
- Bank of America
- Brown & Brown
- Centerra Group LLC
- Enterprise Holdings
- Templeton & Company, LLP
- United Franchise Group
- TBC Corporation
- Walgreens Co.
- CVS Health
- Elevations Health
- Florida Department of Revenue
- HealthSouth Rehab Hospital
- Major League Baseball
- Tiffany & Co.
- Under Armour
- Morselife Health Systems
- St. Mary’s Medical Center
- Digital Target Marketing
- NCCI Holdings, Inc
- Cru Global Missions Strategic Alliances
- Wycliffe Bible Translators
- InterVarsity Ministries
- Peace Corps
- School District of Palm Beach County
- Urban Youth Impact
- Department of Children and Families
- The City of West Palm Beach
- Loggerhead Marinelife Center
- Metropolitan Police
“I really enjoyed my time at WPBF Channel 25 News in West Palm Beach. I had an opportunity
to gain real-world experience, make contacts and see what a real newsroom is like.”
Kayla Viaud, PBA alum
B.A. in Journalism