Performances are at a variety of venues including the Fern Street Theatre and the Kravis Center for the Performing Arts, where students performed Seussical.
You love to tell stories, to connect to audiences, to collaborate with others to create something that impacts the heart and the mind. You’ll do that and more as a student in the theatre program at Palm Beach Atlantic University. You can participate from production to performance, as the lights, sound and set are often designed by students.
At PBA, you'll enhance your acting skills for both stage and screen, preparing you for a successful career. From major theatre, TV and film production in South Florida to Walt Disney World, Universal Studios and TV production in Orlando, Florida has enormous hiring opportunities for actors.
You'll be prepared for your future through a program that emphasizes:
- Educational and professional opportunities, whether you want to act, design or serve as a technician, stage manager, educator or church drama leader.
- Participating in sold-out performances of productions, such as The Drowsy Chaperone, and As You Like It.
- Early participation as freshman can be cast in performances.
- Performing at a variety of venues, from the Fern Street Theatre to the Schwartz Theater at The Norton Museum of Art to the outstanding Kravis Center for the Performing Arts, which is in walking distance of PBA.
- Getting priority access to workshops at the Kravis Center and Palm Beach Drama Works.
- Collaboration with faculty and fellow students, who come from across the country and around the world.
- Learning in a Christ-centered environment— where your professors share the Christian worldview.
- Developing a solid understanding of the history and literature of the theatre.
- Engaging in hands-on learning through internships and experiences with seasoned professionals.
- Enhancing your knowledge and skills through clubs and organizations.
The Fern Street Theatre, a nearly 12,000-square-foot, two-story building on Fern Street, includes a “black box” theatre and houses offices, classrooms and performance space. It helps elevate students like you to the next level of skill and performance.
You’ll learn from professors who have earned degrees from some of the top fine arts programs in the world.
Accomplishments of our professors include:
- Traveling to Calcutta, India to Cape Town, South Africa and Russia documenting the lives of prominent people including Mother Teresa, Nelson Mandela, and Alexander Solzhenitsyn.
- Designing the scenery and lights for many local theatres, including Palm Beach Dramaworks, the Kravis Center, Palm Beach Shakespeare Festival and Burt Reynolds Institute Theatre.
- Touring with such artists as Carol Channing, Rich Little, Rita Moreno, Jerry Lewis and the Royal New Zealand Ballet.
- Acting and directing at some of the top regional AEA theatres in the country, including Chicago Shakespeare, Indiana Repertory, Lyric Stage in Dallas, Actor's Playhouse and Walt Disney World.
| PBA's Fern Street Theatre
Each year you may participate in about a half-dozen productions — ranging from Shakespeare to children’s theatre. Because we’re an undergraduate-only school, you won’t be competing with graduate students for a shot at performance opportunities. You’ll be considered for performances from your very first year.