Effective Access to Student Education (EASE) Grant
The EASE Grant is available to full-time undergraduate students attending a private, non-profit university in the state of Florida. Students must be Florida residents and meet all initial and renewal requirements in order to receive this grant.
Palm Beach Atlantic University’s EASE Grant Performance Measures on Access Rate, Affordability Rate, Graduation Rate, Retention Rate and Postgraduate Employment Rate are specifically listed on the ICUF Dashboard at this link: icuf.org/dashboard.
- Must be a Florida resident* for a minimum of 1 year prior to the start of the new school year and be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
*Moving to Florida for the sole purpose of attending school does not grant Florida residency.
- Must be enrolled full-time (minimum of 12 credit hours per semester).
- Must be working towards your first baccalaureate degree.
- Must fill out the one-time EASE Grant application available in the financial aid portal and provide proof of FL residency. Incoming students must provide 2 proofs of FL residency, while returning students who become FL residents must provide 3 proofs.
To qualify for state aid, you must provide the Financial Aid Office with two (2) proofs of your Florida residency. You may provide two documents from Tier 1 or one document from each tier. The acceptable forms of documentation for each tier are listed below.
If you are a dependent student, you will need to provide your parent’s proof of Florida residency.
- Florida driver’s license or state of Florida identification card
- Florida voters registration card
- Florida vehicle registration
- Proof of permanent full-time employment in Florida
- Proof of purchase of a permanent home in Florida that is occupied as the primary residence of the claimant
- Benefit histories from Florida agencies or public assistance program
- Florida professional or occupational license
- Florida incorporation
- Proof of membership in a Florida-based charitable or professional organization
- Federal IRS tax forms for current and previous year
- Florida utility bills and proof of 12 consecutive months of payment (water/electric). We cannot accept internet/cable/phone.
- Lease agreement and proof of 12 consecutive months of payments
- State or court documents evidencing legal ties to Florida
- Homestead Exemption
$2,000 per year | Renewable for up to 9 semesters
This amount is subject to change each year. The student will be notified if the state makes any changes.
- Must earn a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- Must earn the equivalent of 12 credit hours each semester an award was received during the academic year. Credit hours earned during the previous summer may be counted toward the total number of credit hours required.