Palm Beach Atlantic University's Science Camp is for campers entering 1st through 5th grade. Students will explore activities that relate to biology, chemistry, earth science and physics to different aspects of natural disasters (tornados, hurricanes, volcanic eruptions, tsunamis, earthquakes and more!)
There are two specific age groups:
Group 1: 1st-3rd graders
Group 2: 4th-5th graders
The camp includes:
- Exploration activities (held outdoors or in the classroom); some laboratory experiments led by PBA faculty.
- Break for physical activity and free time after lunch
- Schedule will allow for arts and crafts time centered around the science topic of the day for Group 1; Group 2 will have da time of sharing and reflection daily, to review experiments and activities of the day
- (Extended will be provided at additional cost (7:30-8:30 a.m. and 4-5:30 p.m.; $15/child/day)
Student must provide his or her own lunch; lunch will not be provided.
Frequently asked questions
Time: Camp will run Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- 7:30-8:30 a.m. – Extended morning care
- 8:30-9:00 a.m. – Check-in
- 9:00-9:45 a.m. – Mini lecture on topic of the day – led by PBA faculty
- 10:00-11:30 a.m. – Lab experiment
- 11:30-12:15 p.m. – Lunch
- 12:15-1:00 p.m. – Activities in the gym
- 1:10-2:20 p.m. – Fun activities tied to the theme of the day (varies depending on age group) and/or experiment
- 2:30-3:30 p.m. – Snacks and group activity
- 3:30-4:00 p.m. – Pick up
- 4:00-5:30 p.m. – Extended care
Camp Flyer for Download