The Parents Council rewarded 9 deserving students with $1,500 Emerging Leaders scholarships for their hard work, commitment to PBA and leadership potential.
The recipients are:
· Dylan Cunard, a biblical and theological studies major from Bradenton, Florida;
· Cambria Davis, a psychology major from Orlando, Florida;
· Alexandra Haywood, an exercise science and elementary education major from Brooklyn, New York;
· Sarah Makepeace, a molecular biology major from Islamorada, Florida;
· Madison Potantus, a worship leadership major from Tampa, Florida;
· Lisette Prado, an accounting major from West Palm Beach, Florida;
· Isaac Sherry, a ministry major from Palm Beach Gardens, Florida;
· MaKayla Wand, a biology student with a concentration in pre-health professional studies from Quincy, Illinois; and
· Jada Wolfe, a public relations major from Lancaster, Ohio.
Many of the students, such as Cunard, expressed that the scholarship will allow them to invest more at PBA and in the community because it will help them meet their financial obligations without having to work as many hours.
Cunard wrote in his application essay that he wants to “make sure that chapel and other ministries are the true heartbeat of PBA campus life.”
Added Cunard: “I want my leadership impact to extend far past my stay at PBA … I want my leadership to model development and training above all else.”
The scholarships are supported by the Parents Fund, which is led by the Parents Council. The Parents Fund encourages financial gift-giving as a way for parents to enrich students’ college experience and express gratitude for what PBA is doing. Parents are key partners with the university in the educational process.
The recipients have participated in service trips locally and mission trips abroad, started and led on-campus Bible studies, served on PBA’s chapel worship team, led youth and college ministries at their churches, served as Presidential Ambassadors, worked as Resident Assistants, mentored their peers and planned Welcome Week activities as members of the Steering Committee.
Photo: Parents Council Emerging Leaders scholarship recipients Cambria Davis, Madison Potantus, MaKayla Wand, Alexandra Haywood, Isaac Sherry and Jada Wolfe pose for a photo.