Science Camp 2018: The Science of Survival (Grades 1-5)
Palm Beach Atlantic University's Science Camp is for campers entering 1st through
5th grade. Students will explore the exciting world of survival and will be taught
how science can help understand concepts behind the science of finding and purifying
water, the science of making fire, the physics of shelter building and much more!
Experiments will use skills in biology, chemistry, earth science and physics.
There are two specific age groups:
Group 1: 1st-3rd graders
Group 2: 4th-5th graders
The camp includes:
- Exploration activities (held outdoors or in the classroom); some laboratory experiments
led by PBA faculty.
- Break for physical activity and free time after lunch
- Schedule will allow for arts and crafts time centered around the science topic of
the day for Group 1; Group 2 will have da time of sharing and reflection daily, to
review experiments and activities of the day
- (Extended will be provided at additional cost (7:30-8:30 a.m. and 4-5:30 p.m.; $15/child/day)
Student must provide his or her own lunch; lunch will not be provided.
Time: Camp will run Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- 7:30-8:30 a.m. – Extended morning care
- 8:30-9:00 a.m. – Check-in
- 9:00-9:45 a.m. – Mini lecture on topic of the day – led by PBA faculty
- 10:00-11:30 a.m. – Lab experiment
- 11:30-12:15 p.m. – Lunch
- 12:15-1:00 p.m. – Activities in the gym
- 1:10-2:20 p.m. – Fun activities tied to the theme of the day (varies depending on
age group) and/or experiment
- 2:30-3:30 p.m. – Snacks and group activity
- 3:30-4:00 p.m. – Pick up
- 4:00-5:30 p.m. – Extended care