Assistant/Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice - Gregory School of Pharmacy
TYPE: Full-time, Exempt
LOCATION: West Palm Beach Campus
Provides didactic and/or clinical instruction to Doctoral Pharmacy students and assists
in the professional and spiritual growth of these students. Responsible for engaging
in research and scholarly activity, participates in assigned school or university
committees, and serves as faculty advisor for pharmacy students. In addition, provides
advancing services in local community pharmacies through connections with CPESN.
- Provides didactic and/or clinical instruction within assigned courses, integrating
faith and professional values into instructional activities where applicable.
- Maintains an active clinical practice in accordance with area of specialty (local
- Serves as a faculty advisor to PharmD students as assigned and is a role model of
professional, servant leader behavior to students.
- Conducts research and/or scholarly activity associated with areas of his/her expertise
that is either published or presented following peer review.
- Participates actively in professional organizations associated with his/her discipline
and represents the school at various functions.
- Assists with faculty recruitment and student applicant interviews
- Serves on task forces and committees as assigned.
- Attends faculty meetings, faculty development programs and other school functions
- Other duties as assigned in service to the school or university.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, verbally
and in writing, with diverse student, faculty, administrators, patients, and other
- Designs instructional strategies by organizing complex scientific and professional
subject matters that make the material understandable and applicable.
- A comprehensive knowledge of pharmacy practice, in a specific discipline, is essential,
along with strong critical thinking skills, clinical judgment, and rational therapeutic
- Effective at planning, goal setting and tracking progress to ensure optimal outcomes.
- Creates partnerships and works collaboratively as part of an educational and research
- Proficient in MS Office and electronic educational/professional resources.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Pharmacy residency training or Ph.D. in a specific discipline within the Pharmacy
Practice/Social Administrative Sciences. Pharmacy license is required upon hire. Preferred
experience within a community/CPESN setting.