Residency Program Application Process
Candidate Evaluation Criteria:
Each candidate's qualifications will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Demonstration of strong commitment to pursuing servant-leadership role in our profession.
- Likelihood of assimilating well into PBA environment based on character, maturity
- Strong foundation in therapeutics and pharmacology.
- Evaluation of critical thinking, ability to effectively apply pharmacotherapy knowledge,
communication skills and ethical reasoning during the onsite interview
- Initiative and effort in extra-curricular activities.
- Strong verbal and non-verbal communication.
Applications are generally due the first week of January. Please refer to PHORCAS/ASHP residency directory for exact dates.
All components of the application should be submitted through PHORCAS by the specified
- Letter of intent
- Three letters of recommendation (using the ASHP template provided)
- Official transcript
- Curriculum vitae
- Photo in JPEG format
Reflecting on PBA’s mission and vision
, please describe in a one page essay why you are interested in PBA’s residency program.
Example presentation from a 4th year APPE or PGY1 program (if applying to the PGY2)
Candidates meeting our selection criteria will be contacted by the residency program
director for an onsite interview.
Interested in applying? Contact Amy Henneman for more information.
Any questions should be forwarded to:
Amy Henneman, Pharm.D., BCPS, BCACP, CDE
PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Director & PGY2 Ambulatory Care Residency Director
Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice
If all qualifications are met, you will be contacted by the residency director to
arrange an on-site interview. If you are selected for an interview, you will be asked
to present a 20-30 minute presentation. Directions for the on-site presentation will
be given when you are contacted by the residency director.