The Art of Storytelling: Word, Image,
The conference will explore the creation and expression of stories in various media,
including interpersonal, biblical storytelling, fiction and film by those building
from a biblical Christian foundation.
Event Details :
Friday, Oct. 11
- 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Dinner by invitation with Robert Forbes in Riley Sims
- 7– 9 p.m. Dr. Carl Miller introductory talk titled "Children’s Literature: An Introduction" that ends in an
introduction by him of plenary speaker Robert Forbes.
Saturday, Oct. 12
- 10 –10:50 a.m. Guest speaker Dr. Thom Parham of Azusa Pacific University, on depicting the divine on film or other areas of the
intersection of faith and film). Title: “The Redemption Preemption: Reaching a Culture
that Believes It’s OK"
- 11:15 – Noon Dance Presentation
- Noon – 1:30 p.m. Lunch and three breakout sessions (photojournalism with Ron Hilliard, fiction workshop with David Athey, narrative art exhibit TBD.)
- 2 – 4:30 p.m. PBA Theatre’s performance of “The Wizard of Oz” matinee followed by a
DeSantis Family Chapel, 300 Okeechobee Blvd., West Palm Beach. FL 33401 (Friday evening)
Lassiter Student Center, Second Floor Weyenberg Center, 900 S. Olive Ave., West Palm
Beach, FL 33401 (Saturday morning)
Warren Library, 300 Pembroke Place, West Palm Beach, FL 33401 (Saturday breakout sessions)
Fern Street Theatre, 500 Fern St., West Palm Beach, FL 33401 (Saturday matinée)
Please select participant type below.