Palm Beach Atlantic University has received specialized accreditation for its business
programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE),
located in Lenexa, Kansas. The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE:
- Master of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science:
- International business
Accreditation by the IACBE is based on an independent evaluation of business degree
programs in an institution's academic business unit by a group of professional business
educators. The education quality of business degree programs is measured by evaluating
certain inputs to the educational process, by the educational activities related to
the teaching/learning process and by an assessment of the outcomes of the teaching/learning
Please see our recent assessment results:
The IACBE is devoted to promoting excellence in teaching/learning in business programs
in higher education. It accomplishes this goal in part by providing assistance to
institutions in their efforts to become accredited and in maintaining their accredited
To be eligible for consideration to become accredited, an institution must first be
an institutional member of the IACBE. Other eligibility requirements include:
- The institution must be accredited by one of the six regional accrediting bodies or
a nationally recognized institutional accrediting body. This requirement may be waived
by the Board of Commissioners of the IACBE if the institution is located in and approved
or recognized by a country (outside the U.S.A.) where regional bodies do not exist.
- The application for membership and initial accreditation must be authorized in writing
by the Chief Academic Officer of the institution.
- The institution should have offered a degree(s) in business for at least two years
and have the necessary approval from appropriate government bodies (State and/or Federal)
to confer the degree(s). Newly established institutions outside the United States
may request an exception to this rule.
- The institution must have a publicly stated mission appropriate to a college or university
which is approved by the institution's governing body (i.e., Regents, Trustees, etc.)
- The institution must be willing to undergo a preliminary review prior to receiving
- The institution must prepare a self-study and have a site visit before it can be considered
This information has been adapted from IACBE.