Students and alumni of the School of Communication and Media wrote, directed and starred in the award-winning productions.
The commercial "Armani Trinity" received an Addy Award for "Best in Show/Gold;" AVA Awards, "Gold," for student production and cinematography; W3 Award, "Silver" for student production; Videographer Award, "Award of Excellence," for student production and cinematography; and a Communicator award, "Gold," for commercial.
The short "BandAid" received an Aurora Award for "Platinum Best of Show," for student production; an AVA Award "Honorable Mention," for student production; a Communicator Award, "Silver," for film/video; and a Videographer Award, "Award of Distinction," for student production.
The short film, "Killroy" received Videographer Awards, "Award of Distinction," for cinematography and "Honorable Mention," for student production; and a Communicator Award, "Silver" for film/video.
About the Awards
- The Addy Awards are the annual awards of the American Advertising Federation. It is an international competition that recognizes all forms of advertising from media of all types.
- The Aurora Awards is an international competition designed to recognize excellence in the film and video industries. It specifically targets products, programs and commercials that would not normally have the opportunity to compete on a national level, by focusing on non-national commercials, regional or special interest entertainment and corporate,sponsored film and video. Entries have come from across the United States and abroad, including from Russia, Denmark, Hong Kong, Germany, Australia and Mexico.
- The international AVA Awards recognizes outstanding work by creative professionals involved in the concept, writing, direction, shooting and editing of audio-visual materials and programs. Entrants include video and film production companies, web developers, advertising agencies, public relations firms, corporate and government communication departments, producers, directors, editors and shooters. The AVA Awards statuette is created by the,Entenmann-Rovin Company of Los Angeles, the same craftsmen that produce the Golden Globes Awards.
- The Communicator Awards is an international awards program, which recognizes big ideas in marketing and communications.
- The Videographer Awards is an international competition, which recognizes excellence in video productions, TV commercials/ news/ programs and digital media.