Whether you want to be in a TV newsroom, on stage, in print or on film, PBA can help you get there.
School of Communication & Media
Your future. Do you see it on a Broadway stage? In a network newsroom? Behind a camera? Writing for a magazine or advertising agency? No matter where you imagine yourself in the future, Palm Beach Atlantic University’s School of Communication & Media will help you possess the superior communication skills you’ll need to be successful.
At PBA you'll:
- Benefit from an innovative range of majors and minors.
- Experience a Christ-centered education.
- Develop the ability to communicate dynamically and effectively.
- Enjoy a 13:1 student-to-faculty ratio and an average class size of just 18.
- Participate in theatre productions, The Beacon campus newspaper or choose one of the more than 30 student organizations on campus.
- Enhance your knowledge and skills through honor societies.
- Produce film productions that will premier at our annual student film festival.
Faculty in the School of Communication & Media are truly accomplished professionals who are passionate about teaching.
Our professors accomplishments include:
- Having productions featured at the Cannes Film Festival and
on HBO and Showtime.
- Touring with the Royal New Zealand Ballet.
- Earning numerous awards in journalistic writing, photography and page design.
You'll also learn from others, such as:
- Lori S. Wyman, casting director for Miami Vice and B.L.
Stryker, who coached our students on auditioning
for film and television projects.
- Manuel Garcia, Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist, who
spoke at the school's annual banquet.
Speaking of PBA...
“At PBA, we were getting a real hands-on experience, not just a homework assignment. I think it made a huge difference, because it connected everything we were learning in the classroom with real life.”
-- Lauren Cotton, alumnus, founder of Cotton Crews