We live an an age where information has the ability to be shared worldwide within seconds via social media. Corporations and organizations must keep up with the rapid pace of responding to public requests for information and clarification, as well as creating strategies to stand out amongst the competition. Therefore, communication professionals who are fully equipped to face these challenges are in high demand.
||Dr. Wes Jamison of the School of Communication and Media teaches his students the fundamentals of public relations.
Palm Beach Atlantic University's School of Communication and Media offers a major in public relations that will prepare you for such tasks. Through coursework and internships, you will learn how to utilize highly effective public relations practices.
As a public relations representative, you are the medium through which the message is transmitted. And as a graduate of PBA, which provides a Christ-centered education, where your professors share the Christian worldview, your character will be an asset to corporations and organizations because your message will foster good will.
Your Courses & Classes
At Palm Beach Atlantic University, you'll:
- Engage in hands-on learning through required internships with industry experts
- Learn from professors who network with national and international corporations and organizations
- Be trained in identifying opportunities for corporate social responsibility
- Sharpen interpersonal and professional communication skills
- Develop professional writing skills, i.e. press releases
- Enhance your knowledge through clubs and organizations
Our award-winning professors’ accomplishments include:
- Having productions featured at the Cannes Film Festival and on HBO and Showtime
- Touring with the Royal New Zealand Ballet
- Earning numerous awards in journalistic writing, photography and page design
With your degree, you can use your expertise in a wide variety of industries, including:
- Health Care
- International Relations and Negotiations
- Social and Human Services
- Education (school districts, colleges, universities)
- Non-profit Sector