The major of human performance and sport offers two tracks:
- Coaching: Coaching theory, sports officiating, human development and learning
- Personal Training/Strength and Conditioning Coaching: Exercise testing and exercise prescription for all populations from beginners to advanced, including special populations
Students will receive expertise in these areas by studying the effects of exercise on the body's pathology and learning about nutrition.
Courses will include human structure and function, kinesiology, exercise physiology and biomechanics, exercise nutrition and growth and development.
Your Courses & Classes
At PBA, you'll:
- Enjoy a 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio and an average class size of 18.
- Obtain certifications from the American College of Sports Medicine or national strength and conditioning and coaching certifications.
- Receive preparation at a private university with a Christian environment.
- Obtain real-world experience through internships.
- Participate in physical experimentation and research.
Your Career Opportunities
Upon graduation you will be qualified to work in the following fields:
- Sports Coaching
- Sports Officiating
- Personal Training
- Strength and Conditioning Coaching
APPLY NOW ONLINE