Arts & Humanities
You’re a person who is intrigued by life. You want to understand people better and how they interact and communicate with one another. Whether you’re interested in writing, teaching, entrepreneurship, government, or law, or if you want to gain a broad background of important vocational skills, the Arts and Humanities program at Palm Beach Atlantic University will help you reach your academic and professional goals.
As an Arts and Humanities student at PBA, you may choose from the following programs:
At Palm Beach Atlantic, you will:
- Develop essential skills in writing, speaking and communication
- Experience an education grounded in the liberal arts with a Christian perspective
- Learn from professors who are committed Christians — and experts in their field
- Enjoy a 13:1 student-to-faculty ratio and an average class size of just 18
- Grow in your confidence and build your résumé by presenting at national conferences
- Engage in hands-on learning, such as internships for pre-law majors or working for political candidates as a political science major
- Earn community service (Workship) credit by writing newsletters or other marketing assistance for nonprofit organizations
- Expand your knowledge by volunteering to serve others, like the Sigma Tau Delta members who helped senior citizens write their memoirs
- Become a better writer and publish through our student literary journal and student newspaper
- Enhance your knowledge and skills through clubs and organizations
- Have fun and learn through groups, such as the Women’s Studies Group, the South Florida Chapter of the Jane Austen Society of North America and the PBA Book Club
PBA offers many opportunities for humanities students to grow in their knowledge, skills and confidence, whether that’s performing at Student Literature Night or helping to choose submissions to include in Living Waters Review, our student literary publication. You also may study abroad, through our Center for Experiential Learning.