The computer science major at Palm Beach Atlantic University spans the range, from theory through programming to cutting-edge development of computing solutions.
The work of computer scientists falls into three categories:
- Designing and building software.
- Developing effective ways to solve computing problems, such as storing information in databases, sending data over networks or providing new approaches to security problems.
- Devising new and better ways of using computers and addressing particular challenges in areas including robotics, computer vision or digital forensics.
Your Courses & Classes
At PBA, you'll:
- Develop analytical abilities.
- Teaching from a Christian worldview perspective.
- Enjoy a 13:1 student-to-faculty ratio and an average class size of 18.
- Develop multifaceted skills and techniques through independent research and course assignments.
Read how a computer science graduate helped bring DNNCon to PBA
The Mathematics and Computer Science Department was selected as one of 39 colleges and universities nationwide to receive a HP Technology Teaching grant, fostering innovative uses of technology. Computer science offers a foundation that permits graduates to adapt to new technologies and new ideas. Possible careers include computer programming, Internet-oriented programming, legacy systems conversion, information systems security.